fragging colt coral?

bullitr

frag my colt before and its very successful ( large pink one)yesterday i frag short but large cluster ( purpleish and thinner colt ) and its shedding like crazy and limp . i put iodine todayhopefully it helps . is this normal ? i put it in low light but still very bright i have metal halides

dmitry

What do you mean by "shedding?" If you mean that it's producing lots of slime - Colts do that. And what's limp - the original colony or the frag. Don't forget, you just sliced the coral and it's not feeling very happy. So just let it be in the tank. Getting the new frag to attach might be tricky; I never managed to do it successfully.

sjimmyh

Originally Posted by Dmitry
What do you mean by "shedding?" If you mean that it's producing lots of slime - Colts do that. And what's limp - the original colony or the frag. Don't forget, you just sliced the coral and it's not feeling very happy. So just let it be in the tank. Getting the new frag to attach might be tricky; I never managed to do it successfully.
I punch a small hole through the side of the "stalk" and thread it like a needle. Then just tie it to whatever you want it to stick to.

bullitr

some of the colt still limp and shrinking ....( especialy the small one 3 to 4 inches)... i just going to wait and see what happen

bullitr

just found out that the small colt isn't a colt its kenya tree .. and the large colt is really a colt. so how can i help the kenya tree.. should i feed it with marine show with a sryinge. or what?