Fragging grogspawn question

vivioo7

I just bought a frogspawn and it has a bunch of babies about two inches below where the soft tissues turns into skeleton and they arent getting much light. I was wondering if I could cut inbetween there and how?

socal57che

I believe you're supposed to wait for skeleton to form. The soft tissue should be well above the split and you should only cut through hard skeleton to frag it. This is why I haven't fragged my hammer yet. The soft tissue is still touching where the branch "Y"s.

vivioo7

Do you mean the soft tissue is touching inside the skeleton? the babies are coming out well below the bigger head's exposed soft tissue. Ill go take a picture

socal57che

Originally Posted by vivioo7
http:///forum/post/2733509
Do you mean the soft tissue is touching inside the skeleton? the babies are coming out well below the bigger head's exposed soft tissue. Ill go take a picture
I have many babies on the side of the main stalk, too. The hard skeleton on the baby needs to grow and form a "Y" before it's ready to frag. At least that's what I understand.

vivioo7

Yea thats what I was thinking. Mine looks like the babies were formed then didnt grow so they are far down but still small. How should you frag frogspawn?

vivioo7

Ok heres what im talking about but camera is kinda bad. The red part is where the bigger heads soft tissue is and the green is where the babies are

socal57che

Originally Posted by vivioo7
http:///forum/post/2733831
Ok heres what im talking about but camera is kinda bad. The red part is where the bigger heads soft tissue is and the green is where the babies are

OK, the small ones, I believe, must grow enough to leave exposed skeleton at the point where they branch off the main stalk. Once the live tissue is out of the way, you can cut or break them at the point where they meet the main stalk. (the "Y" I was referring to.
You should send reefkprZ a PM and ask him directly. Most of what I know about fragging came from his threads anyway. Be sure to look up his "mushroom in a blender" experiment.