fragging polyps

chadman

i have been in the hobby for a long time but have never actually fragged out my zoas...would i simply cut them off the rock with a razor blade? how would whoever i give them to go abotu re-attaching them to rock in his/her tank?

michaeltx

pretty much except one little thing well not so little ALWAYS WEAR GLOVES and eye wear. since these guys are toxic they kill hurt or worse case senerio kill you.
you can also add small pieces of rock beside the main colony and they will grow onto the them and then you can cut them away. you can also break the rock up they are on and cut the connected tissues to seperate the rocks.
there are many thing you can do. if you search the threads you can find reefkprz I beleive had a thread about fragging them.
HTH
Mike

chadman

yeah i new about putting a rock next to them and letting them grow i just didn't know if there was a quicker way to do it...i was reading a thread where someone was saying hwo they would sell the polyps for x amount of dollars per polyp...everything seems to grow very well in my tank so if i coudl actually buy one or two polyps that would be sweet and then just let them all grow in...how would the polyps actually re attach?