Fragging Toadstool

joojoo

I have a toad frag already and want to frag it again to trade with someone. It has a long stem with a fairly good sized head for its size. If I cut the had off... can the stem regrow a new one? Does the stem have photosynthetic ability, I guess would be the question.

wiz1500

Originally Posted by joojoo
I have a toad frag already and want to frag it again to trade with someone. It has a long stem with a fairly good sized head for its size. If I cut the had off... can the stem regrow a new one? Does the stem have photosynthetic ability, I guess would be the question.
bup....

ninjamini

Yes, If you want it to grow faster cut off the top like a doughnut. leaving some of the top sill on the stalk. Then giving you the head that looks like a doughnut. Cut that piece in 6-8 pieces and give it time.

puffer32

Yes, the stem can grow a new head, but it takes longer then the donut method and you can get more frags by cutting it in more pieces. My toadstool gets trimmed every few months, and i make at least 4 frags to trade in for credit every time. They grow very fast.

ninjamini

Originally Posted by puffer32
Yes, the stem can grow a new head, but it takes longer then the donut method and you can get more frags by cutting it in more pieces. My toadstool gets trimmed every few months, and i make at least 4 frags to trade in for credit every time. They grow very fast.

The stalk grows alot slower than the head. Figure 1 month for the head and 3-4 for the stalk to develop a new toadstool looking toadstool.