Fragging Zoos

bronco300

make sure you dont bust the polyps though...i personally dont use a razor because its so sharp, id rather use something more dull with a flat surface to scrap..remember they can be toxic so wear gloves and goggles.

bronco300

first ill take a screwdriver or chisel with a thin edge to get in between the polyps somewhere and take a hammer to break the rock up...once it splits, most likely there will be a part along the break that you can get under a lot easier, you i take a screwdriver, or something small like that to work with, since most rocks are completely flat to just scrap off...right now i just bought some of those mini screwdrivers to try out...on bigger zoos like palythoas and some you are able to work with a lot eaiser as the base of their stem seems harder, and dont grow quite on a mat like some, and eaiser to just pull apart.

happy5446

Thats what I assumed you were talking about, a screwdriver, but wasnt quite sure. I'll try it this week. Thanks Again!

bronco300

Originally Posted by happy5446
I did it! I did it! They are doing awesome! Thank You sooooo much!

great!!! hows you do it then?

bronco300

Originally Posted by atmachine5
Congratulations,
do you think you can do the same for large mushrooms?
mushrooms are much easier, just take a razor blade and cut them in quarters

bronco300

take some bridal mesh -put the mushroom on the rock and rubber band the bridal mesh on the rock, the mushroom will then attach to the rock

happy5446

I used a butter knife and pushed the base away from the rock. From what I understand, mushrooms will take pretty much anything you throw at them. Next project-leather!!!

atmachine5

hmm ok. thank you
happy5446 my next project shall be gsp, I like that stuff. I'll look for a topic on your leather

happy5446

I had some GSP hanging from the base of a rock the other night and pulled it off and reglued it to another rock and its doing well if that helps. grows like wildfire!