Free frags from LFS

fishstix

Ive heard many times that people get free frags from their LFS. Do they offer them? Or do you ask for them? Just confussed I guess because nothing id free unless you win it.:notsure:

maverick005

if i spend at least $20 i can get the "cookie crumbs" in the coral tanks. they are small though, like a single button polyp or single mushroom.

maverick005

i also have them put together "frag bags" for me when i dont spend much money. you can get a lot of frags for $10 at my LFS.
-brandon

mary

When I see a coral is really doing poorly and has shrunk severely, I ask if I can have it at a very low cost . Am a very good customer and often they just give it to me. I love my LFS and the people who own it. Wish they would get more colorful corals in however. I have mostly leathers. My gorgoniam had only 2-3 limbs and had been taken over by a serious bacterial disease, killing it quickly. Took it home , cut all the dieing parts off It has developed into a thing of beauty. Right now I am trying to bring a snake coral back. A month and it finally straightened up, and a new "snake" has started. This LFS is also very happy to credit me for babies from my corals. They are very fair. It's a symbiotic relationship you have to have withyour local place. I do not know how old you are but it may be easier being an adult and making such trades. If you show your LFS that you over time are very devoted to having a tank and they know you know what your'e doing, talk to them about frags. Many mushrooms grow onto the glass as other buttons do. Ask for small pieces. Can't imafine they would not oblige.

ty_05_f

I get a couple of frags everyonce in a while from my lfs but lately I have been going to a new one.

leboeuf

hey mav, which store are your frequenting? I am obvioulsy going to the wrong places. You going to docks this weekend? I will be in AZ till late sat but plan on going sun. let me know!