Free Polyps?

partonks

I have a set of three polyps on one piece of live rock that I was afraid were Aiptasia, but after seeing a picture, I don't think so.
They are brown with some green coloration in the center, they are about the size of a dime in diameter and sit on a stalk about 1" in length. A ring of "spikes" all of the same length stick out both up and down around the edge of the disc. Is it possible that these are button polyps that came with the rock? I don't think they're Aiptasia, because the tentacles should be longer and flow in the water if that were the case (I think).
Thanks,
Kevin

kelly

partonks,
They are button polyps. I have them in my tank. With good lighting, and good water quality they will contine to produce new polyps.

I have them also, I was told they are mint green polyps. with good current they do great. Mine will eat almost anythiNG I toss in the tank, but after I put in some live plankton, boy did they perk up.
Dan

partonks

Cool, thanks, it's amazing the amount of life I'm still doscovering from my rock even 2 months after the initial setup.

billyv

If your still afraid that it's aptasia, get a peppermint shrimp....it will wip eit out. If there still there after a week with a peppermint shrimp, it's not aptasia.