Free skimmer, Norfolk VA area

bob a.

I have a Mombassa skimmer that can be had for the princly some of nothing cept a bit of time to come pick it up. Can't say that its a great skimmer, but for the price it is probably better than nothing. You can shoot me a pm if you are interested and make arrangements to come get it. No, I wont ship it. If the pm thing doesnt work, respond here and we can figure something out.
Now if anybody in this area has an excess of calurpa or some other macro algae that they need to get rid of, then let me know too. I am trying to get a refuguim going and buying the stuff is expensive especially when it doesnt survive for more than a month. Still working out the bugs on the fuge. :happyfish

bob a.

Originally Posted by NaSoTaNkEr
I will take it if you ship. I would pay you back the amount of shipping.
I dont want to ship it because I dont want to take the time and energy to have to pack it up and then carry it over to the PO or drop it off somewhere. There is nothing in it for me to want to do that.

kholly

We are just starting out, and don't have a skimmer yet. We also live nearby in Chesapeake(Western Branch area). If you still have it we would gladly take it off your hands. You can e-mail me at Kristolh@yahoo.com . Thanks!!

bob a.

You guys have first shot at it since you posted first. I sent an email to your account. If I dont hear from you by the end of the weekend, urface can have it. As to what size tank its rated for, I'm not sure, I replaced it with a remora which is the second remora being used in the house. The tank it was on was a 58 oceanic.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Not well known and I'm not even sure if they are still manufactured. They are both HOT as well as sump venturi skimmers. Made by Marine Enterprises.
Good bargin for free!

kholly

I think we're going to let urface take this one. I don't think it will work well for our tank. Thanks anyways!!!

bob a.

URFACE says he will come by on Wed. to get it. If for some reason he doesnt, you would be next on the list.

bob a.

The skimmer is still available. Lots of no shows I guess. It has a rio 800 with it. Still not going to ship it. If nobody wants it, I'll toss it in the attic and forget about trying to give it away.

duke13

It's too bad no one wants it. I would take it in a heart beat but like you said, you don't want to ship. I myself would pay you ahead of time for the S/H. Heck, I'd even give you extra just for your time and trouble.
Oh well, hopefully someone picks it up from you.