Free stuff!!! . . . . (kinda)

justinx

I live in detroit, MI and am moving in a couple weeks. I have come to a couple decisions.
1. I am going to switch to a new tank, with a new DSB. Hence, the old dsb is no longer needed. It has been up for over a year and is heavily populated with inafuna. I am willing to help out anyone interested in coming by to pick up a scoop or two.
2. I have a serpent star that has been in the tank for about a year as well, I am having difficulties spotfeeding and I dont want it to die in my tank. I am sure that it is getting fed plenty of food, but I am tired of dealing with it. I figure moving will give me a good opportunity to remove him.
I am not particularly interested in money for any of this, but I am always interested in trading for corals, or hardware, whatever, I am really flexible here.
I am moving at the end of august and I am just trying to gauge how much interest there is.

justinx

I am not really interested in selling any, nor shipping. This kinda stuff can usually be purchased at LFS for like $3 a pound. It would not be worth it to ship it.
That and I am not moving until the end of august, and I dont want to give it out quite yet. But if you are still interested then, I will be more than happy to arrange something with you.

D

daniel411

Hey Justin, I'm in Novi. I'd love to get a couple of scoops from you to place in my newest (3 months) tank.

justinx

Where in Novi? I live at 8 and Novi across from gurnsey dairy, but am moving to grand river and meadowbrook. Moving day is scheduled for 8/29. So you are more than welcome to take some then.

D

daniel411

Wow, I'm only about three minutes from you, 9mile and meadowbrook.
Any good times to stop over?

lou_brakant

Hey Justin, I would love to get a scoop or two, I live in Roseville, but work out of Southfield. Do I just email you for time and directions to house around move date 8/29? I have a 125 newly setup. Thanks:D

justinx

OK . . . here is what I will do, as the moving day is coming up soon here. The week before, I will bump this thread up if it is not still up there, and get the email addresses of all those interested, from there I will email directions out with a good time to stop by.
Anyone got any thing to trade towards it? Not necessary for the sand or whatever, but it would be cool if I could get something out of it:D

wimzcal

Very nice offer, when you repost I will take you up on your offer. I live in Royal Oak, and I just got into the hobby. Sorry I don't have anything to trade yet. But when I do have anything, you get first crack at it.

justinx

I am horribly sorry to say that I cannot hold up my end of the bargain.:( In case you have not had a chance to read my post in the reef forum, I had a significant disaster in moving my tank and was unable to keep the water heated in the old tank let alone keep water in it period. THe post is titled "Whoa that sucked" and trust me . . . it really did.
Once again, I am very sorry that things didnt work out. I was really hoping that I would be able to help some of you guys out, but unfortunately things didnt go as planned.
Jusitn

wimzcal

Man, I just read your other post. That really sucks. I live in the Royal Oak, and I can understand how shocking it was to hit a deer in Novi! Glad to hear almost everything worked out.