Free...

tahja84

:joy: Hey guys,
I have a few marble mollys that need a home. They are salt water acclimated so they will need to go into a saltwater tank..They would be great for someone with a new setup. Someone that lives near me and wants them, let me know. I am willing to drive about an hour..
Thanks,
Melissa

tahja84

They were fresh water when I bought them, but because the wild ones live in brackish(sp?) water they can also live in saltwater. I just started them in fresh water and slowly over a period of about a month raised the salt level to where it was supposed to be...

tahja84

I don't think that would be a good idea. The molly's are the only fish that I was recomended to when I started my tank that would do that. I asked about a beta:rolleyes: LOL...I was told that would not be a good idea as well.....LOL

jacknjill

oh ok then. oh well. that would have been cool though. i would take the mollies from you, but im in nc

maeistero

Originally posted by JacknJill
do you think i could do that with some neon tetras i have in my fresh water tank?

OH H ell no!!!!!! mollies and few puffers are unique to that aspect. (there's like 2 others that i forget, i think a REALLY cool angel)

teresaq

I have Black Mollys in my Sw tank. They are from my Fresh Water Pond. . I did the same thing, slowly raised the salitity . They seem to love being the only fish imn the tank right now., :D

tahja84

Don't know about clams, but I have a flame scallop now and they don't show any interest in it at all. They are however endlessly picked on by my evil domino:mad: !!!!

tahja84

I have a amited pair, another (smaller) female, and a baby. I live in Murray. Just let me know if you for sure want them, and a good place to meet up....
Thanks,
Melissa

B

bigdogzack

The best way to know if an animal can be aclimated to saltwater is to check where it originates from (i.e. its natural habitat)...if it naturally ocurs in saltwater estuaries, magrove swamps, river deltas (i.e. where river enters oceans), etc. they can usually be aclimated to full saltwater (e.g. I have several hundred guppies in one of my refugiums...ocasionally I'll net a few as a treat for my display tanks)...