Freeze-Dried Copepods

jimlssc24

Has anyone every tried these? Any problems? Will mandarin eat them? Will they damage your water quality?
Any help would be Great thanks,

ophiura

What, like cyclopeeze, or any number of other liquid formulations containing (or reported to contain) zooplankton? It will be hit or miss with your mandarin, each is different. And yes, as a potential food, it can be overdosed and mess with water quality.
General reminder, please do not request links to other competitor sites.

bigsteam

I have been using the freeze dried Cyclop-eeze for about 2 months in my 7 month old 150 gal reef. I feed twice a week along with a capful of DT's phytoplankton. I was convinced by the LFS it was the right thing to do. So far, so good but IMHO too soon to give a big time endorsement. Micro feeders seem healthy and no abnormal algae growth or bad water chemistry. I feed near the end of the Halide light cycle. Actinics remain on 3 hours after MH. I am convinced I don't overfeed. What else can I say, works for me so far.

A

andretti

Yes cyclop-eeze works great for mandarins and scooter blennies (at least mine like it). Their primary diet consists of pods, but I use cyclop as a suppliment. Everyone in the tank loves this stuff... they go nuts when they see it! My corals and inverts love it too; I highly suggest this stuff.
:happyfish

jimlssc24

Originally Posted by Andretti
Yes cyclop-eeze works great for mandarins and scooter blennies (at least mine like it). Their primary diet consists of pods, but I use cyclop as a suppliment. Everyone in the tank loves this stuff... they go nuts when they see it! My corals and inverts love it too; I highly suggest this stuff.

What kind do you use? Frozen or powdered?

bigsteam

I have been using the freeze dried version for 2-3 months. Originally because it was all the LFS had available. I have subsequently found it is considerably cheaper than the frozen. I paid $11.00 for a 30 gram can. Let it hydrate in aquarium water 10-15 minutes before feeding. Is it better than frozen? I really don't know how to measure the difference. Works for me.