Freezer burnt frags

canareef

I ordered a load of zoa frags and some acan's off of a site here in Canada I started off by asking the success rate of shipping in the colder months. He told me he ships all the time all over Canada NO PROBLEM. Well that maybe true if the shipping company Knocks on your door or rings the bell before leaving a box full of coral on your front step in -28C weather. I finally stumbled over the box when I went outside to shovel snow about 3-4hrs after they left it. The shipping company says that because the shipper did not ask for a signature when they dropped the box off and this is common practice to leave packages on front door steps.

canareef

No I tried acclimating them as slow as possible but the water was actually starting to freeze in the bags when I found them.

jackri

that totally sucks. I live in North Dakota and just refuse to order in the winter. I'm there at the door waiting but they still ride on the FedEx truck ALL day -- last stuff lived... but was stiff and looked dead... water temp couldn't have been higher than the low 60's in the bag.

fishhunter

Originally Posted by canareef
http:///forum/post/2972033
I ordered a load of zoa frags and some acan's off of a site here in Canada I started off by asking the success rate of shipping in the colder months. He told me he ships all the time all over Canada NO PROBLEM. Well that maybe true if the shipping company Knocks on your door or rings the bell before leaving a box full of coral on your front step in -28C weather. I finally stumbled over the box when I went outside to shovel snow about 3-4hrs after they left it. The shipping company says that because the shipper did not ask for a signature when they dropped the box off and this is common practice to leave packages on front door steps.

Brutal man....
I have not orderd anything online for fish. But I bought a rifle once that they left out on the door step for me.... That pissed me off.... And i asked for a sig.
But ya its my first winter here and alberta and man its cold...