fresh water tank question

therealcreel

i know this is saltwaterfish.com but im working on two tanks right now. my 55 salt and my chicks 55 fresh.
well we got everything setup with live plants, rocks, lights and pump. when is it safe to put some fish in and when is it safe to add more? should i take a water sample to the lfs? what testers do i need?
thanks again.
-the new guy, Brian

therealcreel

Originally Posted by B-Baby80
Did you dechlorinate?How long has it been set up?
havent done anything just poured water in. setup for three days now.

browniebuck

Get some Stress Coat and follow the directions for the tank size, this will not only dechlorinate your water, but it will also help with the stress of adding fish.
Do you have a filter up and running yet?
Do you have a heater?
You should be able to add fish once you get the water to the desired temperature as well as have the filter up and running, assuming that the live plants are doing well.

therealcreel

Originally Posted by browniebuck
Get some Stress Coat and follow the directions for the tank size, this will not only dechlorinate your water, but it will also help with the stress of adding fish.
Do you have a filter up and running yet?
Do you have a heater?
You should be able to add fish once you get the water to the desired temperature as well as have the filter up and running, assuming that the live plants are doing well.
what should the desired temp be?
thanks again
-Brian

alix2.0

upper 70's to about 81, though there are coldwater tanks and some keeps their tanks warmer... but try to stick to about 80F and youll be good.