Freshwater dip of Queen Angel?

pcardone

Hi everyone, I heard that if a queen stops eating, and possibly looks bloated, one of the best tricks to help it out is to give it a freshwater dip. My question is, is it just 1 dip and for how long, or is it a few dips? Any info is greatly appreciated! Im going to see how she eats tonight, but if she still doesn't much anything down, i'd like to give the dip either tonite or tomorrow night.
Thanks!

sjt1107

I have not heard of freshwater dipping for that reason. I have only heard of freshwater dipping for fishes with diseases such as ich. In that case, a freshwater dip of no longer than three minutes (depending on how well the fish is tolerating it).
Be sure to keep the temperature and the ph in the freshwater the same as in the saltwater the fish came out of or the dip may do more harm than good.

pcardone

If you saw the post called "constepated queen angel" that is where it is talked about. I didn't think a freshwater dip would have any of those types of effects, but they say it seems to help. He also said like 12 minutes, so thats just why im looking for confirmation.
I also did just feed some brine shrimp to the tank and he looked like he got a good few pieces he was going after, so I will hold off a day before the dip anyway, seems to be enjoying the brine, just not touching the seaweed selects yet.
Thanks!
Originally posted by sjt1107
I have not heard of freshwater dipping for that reason. I have only heard of freshwater dipping for fishes with diseases such as ich. In that case, a freshwater dip of no longer than three minutes (depending on how well the fish is tolerating it).
Be sure to keep the temperature and the ph in the freshwater the same as in the saltwater the fish came out of or the dip may do more harm than good.

chandler04

Pepto bismal works wonders for bloating. Put some in a little medicine syringe, and pump 2 milligrams right in front of the angel. It worked for me :D

barry cuda

I wouldn't give any fish a freshwater dip unless you have a very good idea what you're treating and that the dip will help. Seems iffy at best to further stress the fish without being 100% sure what you're dealing with.

pcardone

k, thanks! He seems to be muching down on the brine without a problem, not too interested in the flakes though, so we'll see what happens.
Originally posted by yaoming713
some People on reefcentral have done FW dip for constipated angel...look it up

yamaha16bw

Ive done freshwater dip on my fish for Ich before and everyone single one of them POOPED like crazy. Im talking like huge. So I guess it could work but I would be carefull.

pcardone

LOL Niceeee!
Originally posted by yamaha16

Ive done freshwater dip on my fish for Ich before and everyone single one of them POOPED like crazy. Im talking like huge. So I guess it could work but I would be carefull.