Freshwater fish???

sting_ray29

Got this fish a year ago at walmart- was just an inch big. They didn't know what type of fish it was, but still i bought it. Since then it has grown extremely big (about 10 inches) and is na 29 gallon tank.. Anyone know what type of fish this is? If anyone wants it, its yours-

makai

FYI- aquariacentral.com has a nice freshwater forum....they got salt there too, but saltwaterfish forums rule!

michaeltx

I didnt think gouramis got that big though 10 inches is awfully big.
can get a good shot of his whole body I have had many different kinds of gouramis and never have I seen one that was 10 inches.
Mike

sting_ray29

for sume reason whenever I post a pic from my digital camera, they are too big to post- that pic didn't all show up- I know thats my gold gourami, but the other fish is different and uncommon- I'll see if I can get another pic of him

eden

Sting_ray - would it help if you lowered the resolution of your camera?? Mine goes down to 640 x 480, not great for printing, but great for internet pics. Just a thought...

tahoe ocean

I miss my giant gourami! They can live nearly 30 years and get close to 20#! If that's what your trying to get rid of, I'll take my FW out of the attic and rest it up to take him for you.:eek:

sting_ray29

finally got the dc to work- whoever wants him can have him... Needs a bigger home- all you have to pay for is however much shipping is. Some info on him would be nice*

michaeltx

looks like a rainbow shark or red tipped shark to me
I didnt think at that size it would be a gourami most sold in popular LFS trade stay under 6 inches at best.
Mike
I will see if I can find some more info tonight unless someone else knows anything.

Rainbow shark:
Native Region: Thailand.
Temperament: Aggressive.
Feeding: Pellets and thawed adult brine shrimp.
Temperature Range: 72-80°F.
pH: 6.5-7.5
Potential Size: 6"
Sexing The male's anal fin is distinctively black-lined.

sting_ray29

I have had a rambow shark and a red tailed- It isn't one... Does have little wiskers, but not a catfish. Theirs got to be like a marine biologist who knows what it is on here.

nacl-h2o

I agree with Stingray, it's not a rainbow shark, thou it does have simular coloring and general shape. I don't know off hand what it is, but I've seen one before. If I can figure out where I saw it, and find it, I'll post the name.