Friday Night

rberhow

Woohoo, another exciting Friday night while I sit at home while my man works overtime. Anyone else hanging out at the boards, enjoying their quiet Friday?

iameeeyore

I wish...I've gotta work til 11 tonight...and every Friday night. I do love me some quiet evenings though, with nothin to do but whatever the heck I want.

colorteck

Take some of my evenings! Four small kids all by my self. I am a single father and sometimes it gets to me.

rberhow

Originally Posted by colorteck
Take some of my evenings! Four small kids all by my self. I am a single father and sometimes it gets to me.

THat's ok, I am home with 3 of my own kids and 2 of the neighbors. Trust me, I don't want anymore here right now. I can't imagine how hard its gotta be being a single parent though and never getting a break. I'm a SAHM and my hubby works a lot of overtime but I still have someone to help out when he is actually here and not sleeping.

aw2

I hate to bring this all down...but I'm planning on a few drinks with some friends and then who knows...see what kind of trouble we can get into.
I'll stay home, with you guys, if you want me to.
Send some of those kids over my way...I love kids. We'll watch cartoons and I'll feed them Mt. Dew and sugar, straight from the bag and then send 'em back to ya.

mudplayerx

Start playing online games like World of Warcraft or Everquest.... you will never complain about being alone on the weekend ever again :p
I love when my girlfriend goes out with her friends..... Beer and Gaming!!!!! WHEEE

rberhow

AW2-what's your address and are you willing to pay for overnight shipping. Not sure you want the 1 year old to be in the mail longer than that or he might get pretty ripe.
Hey and make sure that you feed them a large container of chocolate frosting. It goes well with the Mt. Dew and it will put you at the top of my list forever.
BTW, of course, we want you to stay home and be miserable with us but we won't stand in your way. Go out and have a few for all of us too while I cuddle up with my kids and read bedtime stories.
Mudplayer-my man used to play Everquest all the time but he lost interest recently.

JR-so what's the reason for the day off??

aw2

rberhow,
Just let me know when, so I can stock up on sweets.
I just spent 2 weeks with my 5 year old niece, Abby. She came to stay with my parents, after the holidays.
We went shopping together, hung out...
Then, she got the bright idea to throw things at me, including a pair of panty hose.
I put the panty hose on her head, before she knew what I was doing. They were so tight that she couldnt open her eyes (you can see her little eye lashes smashed down) but she couldnt stop laughing either. And no, it wasnt cutting off any air supply or anything, for anyone who's picking up the phone to call DCFS.

It was the funniest thing...
"Abby, the Burgler"

"Abby, the Innocent"

ruaround

I am trying to convince my children that they need to clean their play room... I think thats harder than actually picking up the dang toys myself!!!
other than that chilling with my girl friend watchin "That 70's Show" while she makes hemp necklaces...

If the kids ever pick up the play room we are going to play nerf dart tag... man my night is ACTION PACKED...lol

rberhow

AW-Abby is such a cutie!! That first pic is hilarious and you can tell she is having so much fun. Here's a few pics of my gang.

birdy

I am a weekend widow this weekend, my husband is putting in a tile floor for his parents this weekend. Leaving me at home in an ice storm, with 2 1/2 yr old twins that I am trying to potty train (if there is a hell on earth, it is trying to potty train twins
) So that is my exciting Friday night.

lovethesea

Rberhow, that last pic is priceless !!

Birdy, training one is hard enough and you have a boy and a girl. Completely different ways.
(although we started my son sitting first. Less mess, then broke out the cheerios later
)

kellyryan

Originally Posted by AW2
I hate to bring this all down...but I'm planning on a few drinks with some friends and then who knows...see what kind of trouble we can get into.
I'll stay home, with you guys, if you want me to.
Send some of those kids over my way...I love kids. We'll watch cartoons and I'll feed them Mt. Dew and sugar, straight from the bag and then send 'em back to ya.
Are you a guy? And you like kids?
I went hiking with my boss' family one weekend. They have two kids, one girl who's 8 and a son who's 2 now. The girl is one of the really smart types. You know the types who say things like: "You'll hate them more than me when you have kids," "Girls don't do anything, they just have babies," "Are you a teenager? Why not?" "Where is your girlfriend?" So on that day we were in my boss' van and I was tired half hour into the trip.
I did not want to sing. I did not want to eat fruit her brother spit out. I did not want to play games on her ipod. I did not want to play the thumb game. I did not want to play the games they taught her at school! I did not want to smile every waking moment.
After hours of torture we went to this restraunt for dinner. I did not want to feed her!

lovethesea

She sounds a little starved for attention. By 8 she should be able to handle herself better, it sounds like the parents needed to step in on that deal.

lovethesea

Originally Posted by kellyryan
Kids are just bad in general.
Nope, you are very wrong. I can take my kids anywhere at anytime and they know how to behaive. They have been taught since a young age. OBVIOUSLY, you can't expect this from toddlers, but certainly from about 5-6 on up. I wouldn't expect them to sit with perfect behavior for hours on end. But that was a situation that the parents should have started to correct her and told her to simmer down a bit on you.