Frog spawn coral acting crazy

brian4274

This frogspawn was my first coral in my tank. i feed every two days and my cal is right on. here is what it does. during the day when metal halids are on the dang thing recedes into the stalks. when the light goes of and the attinics stay on it will slowly come out and remain out. it even stays out when the lunar led's come on at night. The light is a coralife pro 48 with two 150 metal halides two 96 watt atinics and 4 1 watt lunar leds. it has been doing this since i got it two months ago. it has not been growing either. water temp is 76-77 constant

nwdyr

Allot of people here told me I was crazy to put a frogspawn under CFL , well he grew and split so many times he out grew the tank. I had MH lights on my frag tank , changed them to t5's and ALL my corals look better
I think MH lights are needed but only for very difficult corals. IF you plan on keeping that light try to build a "shelf" from some LR and place him low , under the shelf. He may be happy there. He is definitely getting too much light! good luck