Frogspawn Freakout!

dana&pj

I think my frogspawn is dieing, and I don't know what to do to help it. My Amonia & nitrites are both 0. PH is 8.1 - 8.2 nitrates less than 10. All other corals and fish are great including a galaxy and a cup and other hard corals. My bubble hasn't been fully puffed up, and I am afraid it is starting to have the same problem. I bought tham both at the same time on the 20th of march and they did great then about a week and a half ago neither of them would open up fully. I moved the Frogspawn closer to the light (VHO's) and they didn't seem to get better. Then it got knocked down - stupid clubersome snail - and a few days later I noticed that it had two patches of flesh that wouldn't come out and then they died (I think) and now the death seems to be spreading it's way around the poor thing. I have a hundred gal. DAS RR tank. I feed as per the directions DT's and I have been adding Coral-Vital, and sometimes iodine, but not since the trouble started.
:help:

dana&pj

I looked at the frogspawn again and it appears that chunks of dead corall are starting to come off. I don't want my bubble to be next. Anybody...? Anything...?

T

thomas712

Are we talking about the hard tube structure or the fleshy part?
Need your alk and cal readings, also total wattage, please.
Have you tried to directly feed it any meaty foods.....Try it :yes:
Thomas

banshee

Something got ahold of my frogspawn...one by one the heads started to die. I had to eventually cut off all of the heads that were dying to save it.....broke my heart.
But then I had a couple of really good frags to trade to my LFS and was left with a pretty good size piece left. :cheer:
I would do this as a last resort, though.

dana&pj

I'm talking about the fleshy green parts. It was just a single branch so there isn't anything to save after this.
Cal 420
alk was in normal range.
It will get some brine or mices (sp?) shrimp now and again, but not since it started receeding.
I think it's a goner and I'm taking it out of the tank. Now I'm worried about the bubble. It looks salvagable - if I could figure out what got the frogspawn.
I put a torch in about a week ago, If its some thing that attacks these type of corals the torch will be next. I hope it doesn't come to that.

T

thomas712

Ahh. they didn't by any chance touch each other did they?
Just how close are they together or apart?
Thomas