frogspawn help

two heads of my FS are closed and have been for three days. one of the heads is peeling off the stalk.. iam sure its going to die.
but iam just trying to get some advice.....
all perms. are fine , all other corals are fine...

patandlace

What kind of lights do you have? Are any corals near it that could be stinging it? Any fish that could be nipping it?

i have 4 t5,s 2 whites, 1 blue, 1 purple (made for corals) bulbs.
its been in my tank for about a year and a half now with no problems. nothing stinging it.
maybe it just time to die
??

T

tizzo

There's really never a time for them to die.
A friend of mine gave me a frog that wouldn't open in his tank. As I do all my corals, I dipped this one in Flatworm Exit. MInd you, you couldn't SEE any flatworms on the coral. Well, he was covered! He was big and beautiful the next day! Just a suggestion.

An hour later...

The next day...

nordy

Wow,that's an awesome change in appearance! Did you see the flatworms or did you just suspect that they were there?

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by Tizzo
http:///forum/post/2598838
There's really never a time for them to die.
A friend of mine gave me a frog that wouldn't open in his tank. As I do all my corals, I dipped this one in Flatworm Exit. MInd you, you couldn't SEE any flatworms on the coral. Well, he was covered! He was big and beautiful the next day! Just a suggestion.

An hour later...

The next day...

OMG i would have had a heart attack if i saw that many FW fall off.
The FS opened up nicely after words.

well the two parts that were closed are completly gone, just a skeleton is left. the three other heads are doing fine . i ran some carbon because of the die off.
the LFS told me that it was probably a lack of trace elements in the water. iam doing a water change tonight.
all perms. are fine.

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by Nordy
http:///forum/post/2598882
Wow,that's an awesome change in appearance! Did you see the flatworms or did you just suspect that they were there?

Neither. I Flatworm Exit dip all of my LPS's before adding them to my display.
Goober Hunter, I assume they sold you a bottle of said elements.
But if you look on the side (or back) of your salt bucket/bag, you will see that if they missed any elements, you'd be hard pressed to call them on it.
There are way to many healthy frogspawn in way to many other tanks to assume that it was a lack of "trace elements".

no, iam good friends with the owner, he told me not to buy anything, and let me borrow a couple of test that i didnt have, to test my tank water. hes a good LFS.
everything looks fine. just did top off and tomarrow is water change then ill check perms. again..
just dont know...

T

tizzo

Well that's good to hear.
did you look for the flatworms? Oh and (sorry if you already mentioned) how long did you have it and how did you acclimate?

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by goober_hunter
http:///forum/post/2600050
looked for flatworms- nothing
acclimated for 4 hours about year and half ago.
LOL... We can probably rule out osmosis shock due to improper acclimation then...