frogspawn issue, heads seem to be calcifying

pleasants9

So my frogspawn was doing great for like 3 weeks then this past week they seemed to be going down, phosphates were a little high at like 20 for a few days but i have them back down to 5, ph and calcium are fine, one of the heads has completly died i think and is hard and white, a second is abotu halfway there and a third looks to be starting...what could be causing this, i had it towards the bottom of my tank so i moved it up to some more like two days ago..should i put it back? Whats going on. Also it seems like there was this small bit of stringystuff coming out of the half dead one...

meowzer

Any way you can post a pic???? Do they have a jellyish brown substance on them?
what type of lighting?

pleasants9

now i did have a coral beauty that i caught nipping at some corals and he went back to the lfs but i never saw him nip the frogspawn

pleasants9

that lights were off when i took this pic. but you can see at the head on the bottom how it is starting to look like the one on the right

meowzer

hmmm...does not look good....about your lights?? what are they? also I can't tell fromthe pic...is there a jellyish substance on them?

pleasants9

pc's 4x55W with 2 actinics and 2 10K bulbs. no jellyish substance on them that i could see although a few days there was this brwon stringy stuff coming from one of the heads

meowzer

Well IMO the brown stringy stuff was probably "poop"
I had fs under pcs once and they started to do that....They may need more light...

pleasants9

k they are in the lower half of the tank right now i can move them up, poop sounds like a good thing...lol..i did see one head eat some msysis one night when i was feeding...

meowzer

Only thing I can think of is to get them more light...hopefully moving them higher will help...and it's not too late....BUT try to get them in a good spot...you don't want to move them too often...

pleasants9

pretty sure the coral beauty was the culprit, the heads seem to be looking better just 3 days after taking him back