Frogspawn ok?

corbin1234

ive never had one of these, and i havent been able to find pictures of a healthy one...
does mine look healthy to you?

corbin1234

yours looks a lot better then mine----mines at the bottom of the tank, you think i should move it up to about halfway- its still new, only3 days in my tank

dogstar

Give it a few more days befor moveing it half way up so it can get light acclimated. FrogS will bail out if they get light shocked. Drop off the skeleton. What kind of light do you have ?.

dogstar

Should be fine at the bottom. I keep some on the bottom of my tank 30 in. deep with 250 w MHs 14K.

jurichar

here's mine....the tips on your seem to look funny. Mine looks like that occasionally when he's upset at me for messing around with him!

jurichar

I just wanted to give this stuff the credit it's due. In early feb i set up new tank from my previously established 55gal. I also added about 25 lbs of live rock to the existing 35 lbs i already had (which had decent coralline). I decided to use a bottle of the Purple Up right away to jump start the coralline process before I started using kalkwasser.
Anway, its been about 5 weeks since the tank has been up (4 weeks for the newer rock), and my coralline is going completely crazy. Both NEW powerheads are 80% covered, the new rock is probably 50% covered and the back wall is starting to go right now. There are bout 500 little pin head sized specks covering the back wall. I figure that by the time the rest of the bottle is used up (half gone now) my back wall will be 25% covered.
Good Product!!!

mrdc

They like light but not direct metal halides. I switched to halides and moved mine towards the bottom angled down. They seem to like the new position.