frogspawn or hammerhead

alex4286

witch would u get? I'm looking to either get frogspawn or hammer head
What are the pro's and con's between the two? Any advice from anyone who has them? thanks in advanced!

matt b

Originally Posted by Alex4286
witch would u get? I'm looking to either get frogspawn or hammer head
What are the pro's and con's between the two? Any advice from anyone who has them? thanks in advanced!
i dont know about hammer heads but ive had a frogspawn for about 2 weeks and its already grown like 4 new heads!! and only under PC

acrylic51

Get both!!!!!!!!
Both are my favorites....I find them super easy.....if I could only get an elegance to thrive.......

breebauer

I have both, and like the hammer better. The frog grows better and is less pickky, but my hammer has much nicer colors....

florida joe

ditto to both i have both and love them also look into torch if you like the similar look style of these corals

snakeblitz33

Frogspawn, Hammer coral, and galaxea and many others are all part of the "euphilia" family. They all have nematicysts which can sting other corals. The main difference between each one is if it is branching, non branching, as well as the different shapes of the polyps.
When placing either one, you need to take into consideration having a space between them and other corals. The members or the family euphilia are quite beautiful, and grow fast. You had better have a nice sized tank, or know how to frag them.
I would get both the frogspawn and the hammer, and place them at the two ends of the tank. Don't be surprised if they do not do well in your aquarium. They are kind of picky and selective, somewhat the same as xenia in that way.
Good luck!

petieaztec

its juts really how it looks..... which one do you like..... you should also check out the grape coral too...... is pretty much the same thing.

dragonzim

Hammers and Frogspawn are pretty much the same thing, being from the same family of corals so I would just go with the one that you like the look of better. I have a hammer in my 75 and I love it.

m0nk

I really like my frogspawn, and when people come over it's the most talked about piece in the tank. Also, if you do decide to get both for any reason, just be sure you don't put them near each other, they'll try to kill each other with stinging tentacles.

kirkland

We have a hammer and a branching frogspawn. I love them both but the frogspawn more so. They are in separate areas of the tank and in low flow areas. High flow encourages their tentacles to stretch out more to sting other corals. I would love to have more hammers or frogspawns in other colors but that's not what nature will allow.