Frogspawn Question?

bullyfish

We have had our frogspawn for about 1 1/2 yrs....He has grown from (2) heads to at least (8)..My question is this....A head broke off so we placed it in a nice spot and everything looks fine, but the tenticles are growing extremely long! Not joking, some are reaching 4-5 inches long...very strange looking to say the least!
Is this a "normal" thing....or is it a sign of a problem? This is one of my favorites so want to keep him happy and healthy!
Thanks!

kaybee

Those are sweeper tentacles. It has sensed it is in a different location and is extending the sweepers to determine if any rival corals are in proximity. If contact is made it will engage in 'warfare' with them utilizing the nematocyts (and most euphyllia's pack a punch in coral warfare).
If there are no corals in proximity of its new location, it will eventually retract the sweepers.

nycbob

its normal for it to extend its tentacles. mine does that all the times. mine would extend them to sting my shrooms next to it. in fact i hv a pic of it which i will post later on.

pezenfuego

Originally Posted by nycbob
http:///forum/post/2987681
its normal for it to extend its tentacles. mine does that all the times. mine would extend them to stink my shrooms next to it. in fact i hv a pic of it which i will post later on.
stink? lol jk man
That happened to my hammer when I moved it, it's kinda cool. Eventually it stopped doing it though.

bullyfish

Thanks for the responses. The only coral close is the main FS....It has been extending its tentacles too so maybe they are getting to know each other

Will try to grab a picture soon!
Thanks again!

meowzer

LOL...That looks weird...and it looks like the shroom is saying...Oh yeah...keep it up and I'll pee on you...

nycbob

the shroom doesnt seem effected by it at all. the frogspwan was stinging for 2-3 days straight, then just stopped 2 days ago. guess the shroom won out.