frogspawn question

ren

My LFS had a real nice looking one and I couldn't refuse lol. 3 days and it is still only comming out about 1/2 inch?!? It is placed in a moderate current location so wondering should it be moved to a calmer location???

calvindo

no, moderate is fine. i have three and all in moderate current. you might want to place it in medium light areas. by the way, keep it out of reach from other corals. i left mine next to sps and it burn part of it.

jugger

mine seem happy in a low flow area.... a place that makes them wave around not flap around....how long did the LFS have it before you??? sometimes just after shipping it takes awhile for them to warm up to the tank..... mine opened up the next day.... but i dont think 4 days would be to long..... are all the water conditions ok??? what kind of light do you have them under??

ren

Originally posted by jugger
mine seem happy in a low flow area.... a place that makes them wave around not flap around....how long did the LFS have it before you??? sometimes just after shipping it takes awhile for them to warm up to the tank..... mine opened up the next day.... but i dont think 4 days would be to long..... are all the water conditions ok??? what kind of light do you have them under??

100gl - paramaters are all good. Recently swaped out the VHO's for MH's so lights a plenty lol. Not sure on how long he had it - bought sat eve and he gets new shipments in mondays. He did have it in a low current tank so I did some moving around to get it into a lil calmer spot.

ren

was just the spot - out about a inch at least within half an hour after I moved it. Thx all.

frogspawn will definitely do much better in a low flow area. Too much tends to cause tissue damage to the polyps.