Frogspawn

scubachris

Ok i bought a frogspawn today, and have a question. I asked the guy at the LFS what these things eat, because i wasn't sure, but the guy said they filter feed. I thought they needed to be fed. Question is do they and if so what do they like? How often do you recommend feeding?

t316

I don't directly spot feed mine at all, however, at least once a week I feed the tank a little cyclopeez. This feeds all of the corals in the tank.

lizjane01

Mine will eat mysis. I usually feed it once or twice a week. I just put a piece of a cube by each mouth and see what it holds on to.

florida joe

Originally Posted by scubachris
http:///forum/post/2954313
Ok i bought a frogspawn today, and have a question. I asked the guy at the LFS what these things eat, because i wasn't sure, but the guy said they filter feed. I thought they needed to be fed. Question is do they and if so what do they like? How often do you recommend feeding?
With all do respect I think you are confused as to the meaning of filter feed. If you have filter feeders something has to be introduced into the water for them to feed, as apposed to just illumination

mr.clownfish

yeah they dont need to be feed directly, but i do it once in a while. i use something like a turkey baster but really tiny like the size of a shot (not sharp) and i fill it up with zooplankton, phytoplankton, microvert, and like one drop of marine trace and i inject it into its mouth. i dont think thats a good idea because when i did that it kinda shrunk for like a week. but then after it opened up double in size and now its alot more greener and healthier looking.

scubachris

Here is my new addition after 24 hrs. It has 7 heads on it and I got it for $69. Based on the prices around here I think I got a good deal.