Frogspawn

min12512

I got a frogspawn a week ago from my LFS. It is mint green and was puffed out and looked good before I bought it. I put it in the middle of my tank. I have T-5's and water parameters are all fine(just checked). It doesnt looked dead(still mint green) just not puffed out. Is it just getting acclimated or something? How long does it take?

reefchaser

LPS Will shrink up at night, is this when it seems smaller to you? I have a hammer coral that looks like it has three heads on it in the day and one at night the other heads have not growen there own branches yet but they are on the way.

spanko

Probably just getting acclimated. However you do need to know that they don't like intense flow on them, but do need some flow. Nice gentle action that makes the tentacles just wave in the current, not blow hard in one direction.

min12512

It doesnt look puffed up in the day or at night. At night it looks worst because no light is on it it looks pale white and not at all puffed. But in the day it still hasnt puffed up but at least it still has the mint green color so I dont think it is dying.

min12512

Also it isnt dead since it still has the mint green color to it, right? I would think if it was dead it would be brown or something.

flower

Originally Posted by min12512
http:///forum/post/3111937
Also it isnt dead since it still has the mint green color to it, right? I would think if it was dead it would be brown or something.

I am with you, where there is life, there is hope…but once the skeleton starts to show it is a bad sign. Have you tried moving it?

min12512

what does the skeleton look like....and yes i moved it a few days ago. how do you send pics...i saved a pic of it on my desktop but how do i send it?

nycbob

keeping a lps as ur 1st coral really isnt recommended. most lps have the same requirement as sps. i'd suggest keeping 1-2 easy corals 1st such as zoas, shrooms or leathers to see how they do, b4 trying lps or sps.