From a 55 to a 125 Gal tank

bchbum189

So caught a good deal on a 125 gal tank/stand/light/skimmer set up and took it. Came with a euroreef skimmer CS135, custom made 2 250watt 10k MH's, 2 96 watt actinic pc's, 2 96 10k pc's, all ballasts built into the hood. I transfered all of my life from my old 55 gal which had 90lbs lr, 40 lbs ls. Only a moderate amount of corals but fairly high bioload of fish. Enough talking heres pics:
heres the last pic i had of the 55 gal about a month before i upgraded

i had so many buckets i didnt have enough heaters to go around, so my gf fell in love when my flame angel did this

temporary 25 gal sump till i made mine

as you can very well see, my hood will not completely cover my huge set of lights..gotta make a new canaopy

once everything settled down, i went out and bought my first 2 large fish

bchbum189

its been up now for ...maybe 2 weeks. Havent taken pics in about a week now, need to get some new ones. I build fuges as a side gig, so of course i had to make myself a real nice one. Business has been pretty good with them.

bchbum189

some more recent pics, put about 50lbs more rock in for a total of only around 145 lbs

new sailfin tang in normal peacefull mode

and now in holy sh*& mode

this things probably about a foot across right now

hachi_roku

i would like to Have one like that some day how much $$$ was all together so i can start saving up :happyfish . that is a nice tank its coming out great i see i would just see it all day ***)

mythrenody

Originally Posted by bchbum189
I own my own company where I make aquariums and sump/fuges so i doesnt really cost me as much as most people.
Wish i had a better stand to fit a good sized sump under it

lion_crazz

Everything in that tank looks excellent.
Good luck on curing the sailfin of head and lateral line erosion. Make sure you are giving it a nutritious diet, as well as vitamin C in its diet (Selcon, VitaChem, Kent's vitamin C)

bchbum189

actualy its a scar from when he was a baby, hes 3 1/2 yrs old now so i knows hes nice and healthy.
As for pics i do need to get some new ones up

moby

Very nice!

I love the random appearance of the rock work!
BTW, If you find yourself wanting to build another one of those sumps for a fellow fish head...

Moby