Frozen Food Problem

true perc

Yeah I just left my frozen Mysis Shrimp out of my freezer fer about an hour and a half or so and it liquified. How long can it be left out? It was sealed it was in "bio enclosed capsulses" which means little packs im hesative to feed it to my percs. Oh and it was still chilled because it was in my deep-freeze.

entice59

i dont know if this is okay or not but i have to reuse my cubes since i cant feed my whole tank the mysis frozen cube so after a thaw it, i feed a quarter of the cube and reuse it about 3 or 4 times until its gone. It should be fine since everything is eating it

marco333

one time I left out a pack of krill for about an hour, and it thawed. Thinking it would be ok i froze it. When I went to use it again, it had tured brown, so i through it out.
Im not sure if you should use the food, if it was still cold, then maby its ok.

heyoo

IF its an hour and a half, I'd go ahead and use it.
I once bought some food from a petsmart store, and it had apparently gone bad. From the looks of things, the freezer defrosted or something, and the food (plankton cubes) had gotten noticeably darker than ones I'd used in the past. Oh - and they smelled much much worse than fresh foods.
Sorry about my tangent... if its been out for only an hour and a half - and its still somewhat cool - use it.