Frozen Marine Snow

airandsea

Hey all. I accidentally put my bottle of marine snow in the freezer this afternoon along with all my frozen foods. When I noticed that it was in the freezer it was frozen solid. Is it wasted now or will it still be good when it thaws out?????

natclanwy

I think you are okay, marine snow is not live so you didn't kill anything. I don't see why it would go bad if it was frozen.

reefkprz

the marine snow was garbage before it was frozen.
your better off buying fresh live plankton. any bottled "warm" shelf planktons are pretty much just pollution in a bottle with water.

airandsea

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
http:///forum/post/2707143
the marine snow was garbage before it was frozen.
your better off buying fresh live plankton. any bottled "warm" shelf planktons are pretty much just pollution in a bottle with water.
Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for the advise. I was told by many people that this was great stuff. Thanks again for the help!!!!!

reefkprz

A lot of times hobbyists use products and dont see any serious harm so they assume its doing its job properly. their corals live so they think its due to the product. more often than not the plankton is doing little except possibly feeding the natural scavenger and micro fauna in the tank boosting population levels. wich in turn feeds the coral BUT if you use appropriatly sized live planktons you can feed your corals and the microfauna instead of just getting a secondary effect of a higher microfauna population.