Frustrated!!! Poison Ivy

meadbhb

GRRR, I've got poison Ivy on my arms and my tank needs work! I changed my light out Thursday and some of my corals have expanded so much I'm afraid they'll start attacking each other. Plus, my pagoda cup is fading and needs to be moved into more light, and a red polyp coral (I think sun coral
) needs to be moved out of the light. Sigh.....can't get hubby to touch a thing in there, he's afraid to mess with it.
Meadbhb

larrynews

will the poison ivy hurt the tank??? i would think not.....just wash off the meds and do what you have to do.....i have had it before and put my arn in it, if nothing else the saltwater helped the posion ivy to go away....

meadbhb

Larry, I've been to afraid to take the chances. The tanks a year old and my baby. With my luck, I'd miss some of the meds and poison the whole system.
However, after my husband saw how distressed I was over not being able to work on the tank, he was kind enough to do the few things I needed done.
Meadbhb

aquapro_1

You do know they sell extremely long gloves for reaching in the tank & not being attacked by you aggressive fish? Immediately get you a pair & keep it in a safe spot. This should allow you to "cove up & maintain your baby!

meadbhb

Hiya,
Yeap, knew about the gloves, but didn't think I'd get enough manual dexterity movement out of them. My tanks got a bunch of live rock in it and it's pretty hard getting my hand around in some of the area's. I was afraid of knocking some of my smaller pieces around. Shoot, my husband's hand had some trouble getting to a few of my pieces.
Meadbhb

tantaboof

I use the gloves, because i have super sensitive skin. I have found it easy to move around in the tank with them, just have to be a little more careful.

aquapro_1

Can your system handle some snails or urchins? They love the glass! I have a puffer that eat all my snails, so I taught him a lesson & bought a couple of urchins...HA! Take that...One piont of the caretaker!! :jumping: