FS: 400Gallon Aquarium Indianapolis, IN

brandan

Well, I was going to do an inwall setup after I moved, but I think I am going to do something "slightly"
smaller. I purchased the tank from a local fish store that was going out of business. The tank measures 96"x48"x20"h. It is made out of 1/2" acrylic and is in VERY good condition. It has a "Coast to Coast" style overflow and is drilled for 2-3" drains and 3-1" returns.The tank does have some small surface "scuffs" but no gouges what so ever. I believe and have been told by many locals that have seen the tank that it can all be removed with just a quick polish and no sanding at all. I soaked the whole tank in vinegar and wiped it down. I used a Plastic Kent Pro scraper to remove all of the coraline off of the back overflow. If you would like I can include a drilled 75gallon tank for an external pump that I was going to use for a sump/refuge. Well now to the price and pics. I am looking to get:
Tank only- $450obo
Tank w/sump- $500obo
FTS

Before countless hours of cleaning. . . . .

Before cleaning also

After cleaning, you can also see the holes for the drains

artie1209

In the future instead of scrapping you can use vinegar or an acid to take off the calcium deposits. Hardware stores sell muriatic acid for etching concrete, works like a charm. Just follow the instructions and use in a well ventilated area. It has never damaged acrylic in my experience.
PS what a great tank and great deal.

brandan

Originally Posted by artie1209
http:///forum/post/2784690
In the future instead of scrapping you can use vinegar or an acid to take off the calcium deposits. Hardware stores sell muriatic acid for etching concrete, works like a charm. Just follow the instructions and use in a well ventilated area. It has never damaged acrylic in my experience.
PS what a great tank and great deal.
I soaked the entire tank in vinegar. I think I mentioned it in the first post. I have never tried using muriatic acid though, that sounds a little intense for my liking. Thanks for the advice though.