FS: DIY Metal Halides

nc2tarheel

I have two MH ballasts (generic), two capacitors, 1 mogul socket and 1 bulb I will sell. I wired it up in my canopy but I'm taking it down so I can kinda "redo" my lighting. There is everything you need to DIY. I will take offers of trades as well. Lemme know. I'm not sure what I'm asking either, just offer up something.
BTW, there is everything you need to get one going, all you need on the second is the other mogul socket and one more bulb.

carshark

Originally Posted by nc2tarheel
I have two MH ballasts (generic), two capacitors, 1 mogul socket and 1 bulb I will sell. I wired it up in my canopy but I'm taking it down so I can kinda "redo" my lighting. There is everything you need to DIY. I will take offers of trades as well. Lemme know. I'm not sure what I'm asking either, just offer up something.
BTW, there is everything you need to get one going, all you need on the second is the other mogul socket and one more bulb.

are the ballasts electronic or what? and what are they rated for?

nc2tarheel

No they aren't electronic, but I'm not at home right now so I cant see what they are rated for. I don't really understand that question though. Right now it's connected to a 250watt bulb. Dunno if that answers your question.

carshark

just checking, was really kind of browsing for another 400watt set up with electronic ballast I have one already.... thanks though..

nc2tarheel

anyone? I dunno what to ask, first reasonable offer gets them. Or unless you have anything to trade. I just need to get rid of them.

nc2tarheel

zoos, mushrooms, any piece of coral or even a couple frags. I dunno, Anything really. I'm open to ALL trades. I always need stuff for the tank.

nc2tarheel

^this is 2 ballasts that I have. Each one is 250w. I have the two ballasts with the capacitors, 1 bulb, 1 mogul socket. I can throw in a 48 long reflector that my MH light was under and even the fan if you wanted so you could mount on ur canopy. All you need is the second bulb and a second mogul socket. Email is nc2tarheels@yahoo.com

devious

These things look like it will go up in flames once plugged in...
I wouldn't trust these.
Stop trying to rip people off..

devious

Thank you for posting a link to show your intelligence & ignorance.
I posted my comment because you are trying to sell junk.
You had the time to post on my thread, I took the time to post on yours.
I'm calling out your "generic" ballast with missing bulb & socket.
That's why you're trying to pass it off on some-one else.

youngsalt

Sooo.
I bought nc2tarheel's metal halides. I waited for a responce form him before I flamed him on the board, but he did not respond to me.
1. How many times did he state that they are 250 watts?
they were 175 watts!
2. he stated:
this is 2 ballasts that I have. Each one is 250w. I have the two ballasts with the capacitors, 1 bulb, 1 mogul socket. I can throw in a 48 long reflector that my MH light was under and even the fan if you wanted so you could mount on ur canopy. All you need is the second bulb and a second mogul socket.
3. the one bulb that came with them is a ushio, which doesnt work these m57 type ballasts.
4. the reflector is a P.O.S.
5. (not sure if this was his fault or not) The box was soo destroyed when I recieved it that there was acually someone elses shippment inside of mine. I think that he neglected to properly box teh lights, using a flimsy POS box he had laying around.
In hindsight, you get what you pay for. $100 bucks in the fuckin trash.

devious

Sorry to hear that.....
You can tell his personality from what he writes.
& he actually accused me of trying to rip people off for overcharging in shipping. :mad:
Post his info, so that other members are aware.

youngsalt

Quoted from seller feedback board:

[hr]
[edited 7 am 10/28/05]
I DID email seller after I recieved the lights. Also, I tried it and bulb does work on the ballast (Not sure though how effienct it is though or of how this affects the life of the bulb). seller contacted and is seems willing to make amends.

[hr]
Last edited by youngsalt : Today at 06:01 AM. Reason: Seller contacted me