FS: evaporation float switches. new 23.00 shipped

reefriot

getting tired of having to add a gallon of water to your tank due to evaporation? then you need a flaot switch. will handel pumps upto 30w, comes with a 6ft. plug, and heavy duty suction cup or adheasive clamp your choice. waterproof design so no worries about getting shocked. i have then in hang-on models or offset sump models. the best pump so far has been a maxijet 1200 for topoff as they always kick on and off without jamming up.
price is 23.00 shipping included.
email me at vulkum@msn.com if interested.
payment to be made thru paypal unless we work something out.
i can do custom applications if theres something differant you need.
thanks
aaron

reefriot

first of all the float is completely water proof as is the tubing. the electrical tape is just holding heatshrinked conectors together. have you ever taken apart an ultra life top off unit? i have and its the same damm thing. the float is just a trigger to send power to the pump. there is no current running through it at all times as the circut is broken until the float drops and closes the loop. thanks for your colorful input~

jbeck

Wow!
I bought this one and it works good. Similar principle, float switch is in the open and all. Its in my sump and there are no snails, etc in there to jam it. Also I dont keep more water in the bucket with the pump then will fit in my sump. So worse case scenerio is if it does not shut off it will lower my salinity a notch or so.
Im not sure how yours is wired but the key is to have the switch low voltage and not have 110 going thru it by using a relay of some sort..
http://cgi.aol.----.com/ws/eBayISAPI...106450158&rd=1

reefriot

tell ya what, if you check out another board you'll find dozens of people using the same thing, with no problems at all. and i didn't post this thread as a learning situation if your not interested stay the F**k off my thread and start you own.

reefriot

i'll tell ya what guys i might not have many posts here but i have been around for a bit on most the other boards. i do apolagize for the harsh words. but if you want to talk about being nice, then why not just email me with your thoughts rather than slam my post. thats what pissed me off. you won't ever see me go onto somoen elses post and say don't buy that you can get it here for this price or something to that effect. you might be correct in your findings but i have used one of these for about 8 months now with no problems and theres another guy making the same thing and has sold probablly 50 so far and no one has complained one bit yet. so before you pass judgment on me think about what ya did to my post?

yellowfin

Take it from a guy who has been around the boards.. Reefriot you are not supposed to sell things of this nature anyway,.. We sell only things that we do not need anymore not Iteams for volume sales Or Business ventures , Sorta Speak,.. Nor can you sell live stock.. I know Cause I've been there.. becareful as what you say.. Profanity is not Necessary on any Open Boards. Especially this one..
I really need what you offer But after i saw the picks I cannot say that i would Buy one.. Maybe you could use Like Heat shrink tube instead of Electrical Tape.. Presentation is 95% of sale. Customer service is another.. In order to grow you must be able to take construtive Critisicm... IMO

goldrush

I agree with Yellowfin. I am in the market for a similar product,but I would not do business with someone who has his attitude.