Fu Manchu Lionfish

fishieness

who got pwned? i got pwned? how?! someone else? what?!!!! the 2nd quote you have of me, the captionless one, is jsut a big non-sequdor in the bunch...... i dont understand why you have it there.lol

vejomatic

we totally crossed our streams of consciousness’ there for a sec...
I had you pwnd b/c you said that you trained your puffer to play nicely on the playground......yet….in the post I referenced here...
"but if my valentini puffer picks at him in my 29 ".
I took this as a go head for not really
knowing if...
"(you) have raised a puffer that shares nicely on the playground"
:notsure:

all your base are belong to
~mc

fishieness

i didnt say that my valentini does...... i said IF. lions and puffers are not considered compatible. i would like to try it, but seeing how i have never before, i dont know exactly how my puffer will react...... im mearly saying if he did, then i wouldnt be able to return him. do i think he will? no. do i want to risk the 35 bucks and a life of a fish? no. and sure, my valentini plays nicely on the playground, but there is not a fu manchu on the playground so i dont know how nicely he will play with him. every kid can play nice if you set him up with the right bunch of kids. But if you put one kid on there that he doesnt like, and he will no longer play nicely!

hahahaha a random finish. yet a funny one you have going there.

salty gal

OK, I'm jealous because I paid $58.99 for mine a couple of days ago!!!
He gobbled a couple of ghost shrimp as soon as i put them in the tank. So that is good! I did notice what appears to be "sheding" from him. Its in the shape of his upper spines. Makes me think of the crabs and shrimp molting. But it's not hard, its gooey. Maybe the stress of transportation?
We all love him! Especially his "moustache". We tried calling him "FU FU", but he is just too "Kung Fu" looking to give him such a girly name!
Have enjoyed reading the thread on this!

funkysean5

Originally Posted by funkyman
http:///forum/post/1285970
It said they only get up around 3", so a big tank wouldn't seem like a requirement. My primary interest is coral, but I do have a few fish. Royal Gramma, 6 Line Wrasse, and a magenta pseudochromis. I current;y have a 50 gallon, but will be upgrading to a 120 within a few weeks.
This lion fish is the first fish I've ever seen that I told myself "I had to have". I wonder how he would get along with the fish I already have.

Thy get up to 6".

soulfish

I really liked mine.. but mine lasted 6 days!!!!! He ate one day then swelled up like a internal bacterial infection and died within 24hrs! I wont be getting that fish again no matter how nice they look.