Fu Manchu

tanks alot

i wanted to know if i could put a fu manchu in a 10gallon reef tank. he will be the only fish in the tank. besides 20lbs of live rock 20lbs black sand and 96watts of pc lights. so can i put one?????

hot883

A ten gallon is not really suitable for sw, especially when you add the ls and lr. You could make a small frag tank.

hot883

Originally Posted by Tanks Alot
so is there any fish i can have or should i move it to my 20 xtra high
IMO mind ya, I would use the 20H as a qt. 10 gallon for inverts. Just my thoughts ok, someone may know of a sw fish that can go in a 10, but not to many. Water quality is the biggest issue I think, plus cramped quarters.

N

nereef

Originally Posted by Tanks Alot
so what can i put in the 10 gallon my lfs has a baby marron about 3/8 for 7.99 can i do that or what
maroon clowns are on the big end of the genera's spectrum, to over a half a foot. i would put a pistol shrimp and a yellow watchman in a ten.

lionaddict

I would say bare minimum is a 55g for any kind of Dwarf Lion. I have a Fu Manchu in my 55 at the moment and they really are pretty active. He has his little corner he hides in during the day but as it gets close to night time (and I presume throughout the night) he goes and tools around the entire tank. Anyway hope this helps and good luck!

jambo

I personally don't think that a 55 is required for dwarf lions. I've got a Fuzzy in quarantine that's going in a 45 tall. I really don't even think he'll be cramped if there are only a couple of other fish in there. I mean, my 45 is the same depth and height as a 55, it's just one foot shorter in length.
I may change my mind when mine grows out, but I think if it were the ONLY fish, you could probably fit any of the dwarfs in a 40gallon or maybe even in a 30 if you had really great filtration.
As always, this is just the opinion of a newbie.
Later,
JAM