Fuel surcharge ?????

arandacole

Originally Posted by 04mach
8 bucks ??? whats that all about.
I might be mistaken, but I think that might be what SWF gets charged from the shipping co. (Fed EX, I think) because of the high price of gas.
Love,
A

rs1831

It said free shipping when I bought live rock but then it charged me 10 handling fee. Is that what you're talking about?

scoobydoo

Handling fee is 9.99, fuel surcharge is 7.99, plus $79 minimum order, so figure shipping is actually $17.98.

eyebedam

It just gives them the ability to advertise free shipping with orders over 79.00 Its just creative marketing. It sux but it still is a good dEAL.

04mach

Originally Posted by alyssia
It says right across the top of the fish page that all orders are subject to a 9.99 surcharge.
Doesnt say 7.99 fuel charge there. I agree it is was it is, but they shouldnt say "free" shipping because its not.

cowfishrule

i work in the logistics industry.
i wish our fuel surcharges were only $8.
try adding 21% to your base rate for fuel.
you can argue that "fuel cost increase" is the cost of doing bidness, but if
all carriers absorbed the fuel increase, then they would all be out of bidness.
if you get your package delivered to your door in perfect condition for 9.99 for the box/temp packs and 7.99 for a fuel surcharge, i suggest you reconsider your opinion. overnite shipping is very expensive.

blazehok68

i work at an auto shop/tire dealer. EVERYBODY charges a fuel surcharge. fedex, ups, dhl, all my tire deliveries, even the towing company that we use. its just a part of doing business.

renogaw

fuel surcharges are being added to just about everything. people have to be competitive on the fish, other stuff, but the one thing they cannot control is cost of fuel. most of the time that cost is covered by other charges and profit on the product. but with skyrocketing price of fuel, and more competitive markets, you cannot raise your prices so they add the fuel surcharge.
what i find funny though is i wanted to buy the 50 hermit crab shells, but they wouldn't ship them with the RO unit i wanted to buy because they don't meet the $70 minimum order for LIVE fish. last i checked, shells aren't alive...

whitey_028

I agree that it is a good deal...but i also agree in the fact that the consumer is mislead and not told up front about fuel charges...Its not free shipping when there is fuel surcharge... so the word free is being misused in this case and is misleading.

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by whitey_028
I agree that it is a good deal...but i also agree in the fact that the consumer is mislead and not told up front about fuel charges...Its not free shipping when there is fuel surcharge... so the word free is being misused in this case and is misleading.

it is told up front.
you see it in your cart before you check out.
and an fsc is temporary until fuel comes back down.
dont like it?
go to *********** or e-*********** and pay their overnite rates.