Fuge light?

larryndana

What light should I use for my Fuge?
75gal dt
20 or 30 long sump/fuge....can't really decide....20 or 30.

quads4_lif

As for a light I just used a Lights of america motion flood light from Home Depot that is like a 500 watt PC that is 6700K. Its like only 48.00
Here is a pic

larryndana

yeah, i thought about it after i posted it....how could i guess....to hard to tell.
So, did you cut the glass or have it cut? Was it expensive?

aztec reef

any light would do for a fuge.as for a tank you can even use any rubbermaid plastic tub.that's how easy a fuge is to setup.

quads4_lif

I think haveing all 4 pieces cut cost 20.00 When you have them cut, have them cut 1/8"th to 1/16"th smaller than the width of the inside of your tank

larryndana

Originally Posted by quads4_lif
I think haveing all 4 pieces cut cost 20.00 When you have them cut, have them cut 1/8"th to 1/16"th smaller than the width of the inside of your tank

yeah i was thinking about that, should it be 1/8 or 1/16 smaller?

quads4_lif

I did mine 1/16 you just want to make sure you leave room for the silicone to fit between the glass baffel and the side of the tank to get a good seal.

mpls man

Originally Posted by quads4_lif
Yes I do I just took these this morning. The PVC rings are to put my skimmer right at 8" in depth of water

have you done a power outage check ? looks like your levels are a little high in your sump?

quads4_lif

of coarse
I measured it exactly calculating the exact tank volume of my sump and what my DT will drain. In fact when ever I feed I have a power strip that I turn off which has all of my powerheads and my return pump. My DT will drain all the way up to 1" below the top of my 55gal sump.

stimpy4242

Looking at your sump fuge it strongly resembles mine. I used 55g as well, i have an asm g3 skimmer, i have a mag24 return pump, but my fuge section is like 24 inches long...yours seems small...my return chamber is tiny about 1.5" on each side of the pump and sits in about 9 inches of water...any reason you did not go for a bigger fuge?

scsinet

If you google "1000 bulbs" you'll find a web site (aptly named) that sells screw in fluorescents up to pretty high wattages.
I just today ordered a FC65/S65 from them. It's a 65w screw in fluorescent, 6500K. They are supposed to be like 300 watt equivalent.
They have screw in fluorescents that get really big, but I don't know how big you can get 6500K in.
Combine that with a clamp on "worklight" and you're good to go.
'bout $20