fuge/sump design

snailheave

BigB said:
Originally Posted by snailheave
bigb:
you count the chambers from left to right, correct? i'll need to read your description a few more time to understand the design.
QUOTE]
Yes, chamber 1, water enters and contains most bio balls. With the 14" high wall water doesn't flow over it, but through the 2 cut outs placed about 6.5" from the bottom. Cut outs- I believe they are 1" tallx3"wide, cenetred gives you 1" spaces from both sides and in the middle. Chamber 2 (the large one is where you'll grow the macro algae. Wall between 2 and 3 is 11", water flows over this one into Chamber 3 -the skinny one holding the other bioballs that catch any large macro before water enters chamber 4- the one with the pump.
If you decide to buy i know a website 849.99Pro-comes with the G1 skimmer and sedra 3500 pump. Or 507.99 without the skimmer- this is the one I have and I think shipping from CA. to Il. was $60. Still ended up being cheaper than buying everything seperate.
If you want the link email me brriley@siue.edu
don't know if this pic is allowed, the red arrows show water flow

I see... so there are two cut outs on each side instead of one long one. does this setup stir up the mud in your system? it looks like it could?
and the wall between chamber #3 and #4? same cuts as the wall between #1 and #2?

bigb

Originally Posted by snailheave
how much is the 36x12x18 unit sold for, stand alone and with all the kits?
read my earlier post

bigb

snailheave said:
Originally Posted by BigB
I see... so there are two cut outs on each side instead of one long one. does this setup stir up the mud in your system? it looks like it could?
and the wall between chamber #3 and #4? same cuts as the wall between #1 and #2?
No, after the mud settles 6-12 hrs I haven't noticed any dissruptions. even when I shoved the cheato in the mud disturbance was minimal. Wall at end of chamber 2 (11" one) has no cut outs, the water flows over it. Wall between 3 and four (coming from the top has no cut outs.

bigb

here is another quick thought- if your tank is already set up, it might be hard to get 36x12x18 under the stand. I had more than enough room under the 125 but it didn't fit through any of the holes in the stand. I had to reinfirce the stand and cut about 1" wide vertical strip to slide it in.

snailheave

it's going to be a brand new setup.
it looks like there's a cut opening in the wall between chamber #3 and #4, right above where the pump is.

bigb

yea I geuss in that pic it does. Really the wall btwn 3-4 comes all the way down from the top to about an inch from the bottom so no bio balls leave 3 and go into 4.

ninjaboy

Snail:
There is no hole between #3 and #4. the # 4 bottom has about inch opening at the bottom. Yes, I don't think you can just put the sump under the tank. I have to remove a piece of wood in the back in order to put mine in.
By the way. I scan the manual already. Let me know if you want it. I can emailit to you.
by the way guys, hope one of you can answer my questions.
Thanks