Fuge/Sump Ques.: Flow from Return line or overflow

reefnut

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the whole idea of feeding the refug directly from the tank is that the refug would get some solids. Particles of food, floating waste, things like that...

cboyfan2020

Just too clarify, The second pic has the fuge line coming off the overflow line which leads to the skimmer compartment. Hasnt been skimmed yet. The very first one which I was going with has two pipes(although only one line on the pic) going to the skimmer, skimmer overflows to the return pump and off the return line there is a pipe which feeds the fuge slow current water theat has already been skimmed. The water from the fuge then goes over the baffle into the return pump(Mag 12) which sends most of it back to the tank. Which one is better.?

krux

i installed a "y" instead of a "t" and use gravity to supply the backpressure against the 3/4 closed valve.
it looks something like this...
wish i had my digital camera back this would be much easier :p

3twenty5

One question I have...if I do not plan on using a skimmer, and wanted to combine the refuge and the sump,
something like this

would that work, I would have my overflow pumping down to my sump/refuge into the first chamber, then have an exteranl mag on the otrhr side to draw water from the chamber opposite the inlet, therefore the center chamber would have less flow? WOuld this be ok?