Fuji Live Rock

papaeph

I'm planning on ordering some live rock soon; was wondering if the cold weather here in philly would have a negative affect on the rock during shipment. I'm just worried about the package sitting on my front step in this cold weather. I have a 90 gallon tank and was thinking of ordering 45-50lbs; will this amount of rock leave room for my fish to swim. I don't know 20-25lbs dosn't seem like it will be enough.
Thanks
Evan

karajay

You should have more than enough swimming room left.
Also, if your rock is shipped FedEx or UPS (or whatever) you can call your local office and ask to pick it up yourself. Then it won't be sitting outside.

cprdnick

The more common amount that is found in aquariums is 1-1.5 lbs of rock per gallon, I don't thing that you will have an overcrowding issue with 50 lbs. in a 90 gallon. As far as the shipping of the LR in cold weather, I won't pretend to know about this, but I believe they come with a heat pack to keep the water temp up.

You need more like 100 to 150lbs for adequate biological filtration. The general rule is a MINIMUM of 1lb/gallon . . .
As for shipping, I never order anything online after october. But you could try for a saturday delivery . . . that wouldnt be as bad.

joejubee

Evan,
What's up Philly Guy! I just moved here from San Diego- (Don't ask) good to see there are other reefers here too...
On an off topic, where do you --? I just got a savage and am pretty antsy about racing it- I live right across the river from Penn...
Late!
Joe
joe@joefreelance.com