Fun LITTLE project - need suggestions

nietzsche

i have a 10 gallon that im going to drill once i get the diamond hole saw bits from hong kong. i've seen plenty of people drill a 10. if anything i just lose 10 bucks if it breaks, no biggie. the hole will be drilled on the back. I have the same idea of having a 10 DT and a 10g refugium. if it works, i'd really like to do a 20 long with a 10 gallon refugium and use t5ho lights for the dt. if i really want a refugium and cant drill it, then i'll just buy a HOB filter and convert it to a refugium. performance of the quiet pumps will be poor, imo.

nietzsche

we had one outside for a small fountain near the pond but when we had to turn off the pump in order to clean the fountain you had to mess with it to get it working right
Originally Posted by Weberian
Please explain why you think it will be poor?

azaintcold

I've heard good things about the Quiet One pumps. I personally use a mag drive 18, and love it . They have smaller mag drives you can look into that are affordable and may be suiteable for your application.
two choices that come to mind:
DN1115 Danner Supreme Mag-Drive 1.5 140gph $29.99
DN1117 Danner Supreme Mag-Drive 1.9 190gph $36.99

brandan

IMO don't buy a Mag-Drive. I think they add to much heat and they are overpriced. I have a Quiet-One and I love it. No heat issues, and it truly is quiet. . . Just my 2 cents.
QUIET ONE 1200 PUMP 296GPH $22.95