Funny lfs story...

angelap

I stopped by my lfs yesterday just to look around (about 15 minutes before closing ;). I saw a nice peice of live rock that was in a tank with some false perculas. I asked the girl if it was for sale. She walked over to look at it with me and said it was $6.95 per lb. She stood there for a minute looking at it and then said, "Oh, that rock has a feather duster on it and they are $12.95 just by themselves, and if you take it off the rock, it will die." There was a little aptaisa on top of the rock. I pointed to it and said "That thing?" She said yes. I didn't even have the heart to tell her what it really was. :D

twicklund

I have had numerous similar encounters at my LFS. I try to deal strictly with the owner now. He tends to be much more knowledgable (although I don't trust him totally, so I always check here before I make any decisions.)
tw

angelap

It's one in Valdosta. Can we say the names of lfs on the board? If not, I can e-mail you. But it's one of those fish/pet stores though. There is only 1 real fish only store in Valdosta and it's a pretty good place.

tyr-sog

I try to deal with lfs that are strictly saltwater specialty stores. Luckly I have a couple around me that house just fish, 80% being saltwater. Over all the 2 stores I mainly deal with have been right on target with advise from which I get from here. They seem extremly knowledgable and have very nice saltwater systems set up. So although weary I have a bit more trust in these stores but never would I purchase something without researching it first here.

drgriff

I have been driving to Savannah to a really good store, but it is a 2 hour ride one way and I was looking for a good store close. You can e-mail me at drgriff@alltel.net with the name of both stores if you don't mind. Thanks:)

doodle1800

A few months ago when I started learning (< SWF) I was stupid enough to buy a piece of old fake coral with an "anenome" on it $8. I still have that little aptasia in my tank. I'm sure the owner was laughing his A off when I left...