Funny Picture...

psusocr1

i have a few with shrooms, and polyps on their shells, they usually stay on there for a week or so.
i actually had to remove one off of a snail because it was bigger than him and soo heavy everytime he went to climb the glass he would slide back down

ginarox

sweet!!! psusocr1 your sand is so white how do you keep it that whit...looks awesome thanks for sharing, have a great day...

whackamole

is it the snails or the crabs that keeps the sand so white. also what kind of snails and hermits do u have? and do u know how many? I need to get a clean up crew for my 29 gal and not sure what to get. thanks 4 any help

psusocr1

i actually have about 250 snails and only about 20 blue leg hermits.. i hate the hermits and im starting ot take them all out, but the 250 snails is why i never have to clean my sand or my glass ..ever.. and they are primarily nocturanl so they stay buried in the sandbed most of the day then at night my glass is covered witht hem!

azfishgal

250 snails!!!! I want to know the same thing, how big is your tank? Of course if you don't see them during the day and they keep your sand that clean, worth it I'd say!

rykna

That is cute picture! We should send some if these clips to animal's funniest home videos, especial of clyde the octopus throwing a temertantrum when he couldn't open the jar. :happyfish

whackamole

wow so this must be the aggressive tank right. i need to get more snails. what kinnd of snails r those? That would be great to not see them during the day.

whackamole

oh wow. but u dont see them during the day right so its not that big of a deal. U said they burry in the sand?? what kind of snails are they? im probaly going to get some for my 29. but im not sure what they r? thanks for yur help