Fuzzy Dwarf Lion Fish?

row

Are lion fish susceptible to ick? I have been observing my lion fish and think it would be very difficult to see if they had ick due to their color.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by ROW
Are lion fish susceptible to ick? I have been observing my lion fish and think it would be very difficult to see if they had ick due to their color.
They most certainly can get ich. You would have to look closely with a magnifying glass. I agree, it is tough to notice on them. Did you just get this fish? Please explain if you use a qt or not, or if ich has ever been in the display without it being properly treated.

row

Yes he is in my QT right now, I got him last Saturday. I got him to eat on Tuesday, thank God, He was starting to scare me because he wasnt eating. I have been battling ich since I started my tank. After my last infected fish died I let my DT sit idle for 7 weeks, and started a QT, and just put a Coral Beauty from the QT into the DT on Saturday.
I have one other ? I have a cleaner shrimp and a cbs. I know I will have to get rid of the cleaner but my CBS is pretty big. What are the chances that my lionfish will eat the CBS?
Thanks

sepulatian

Originally Posted by ROW
Yes he is in my QT right now, I got him last Saturday. I got him to eat on Tuesday, thank God, He was starting to scare me because he wasnt eating. I have been battling ich since I started my tank. After my last infected fish died I let my DT sit idle for 7 weeks, and started a QT, and just put a Coral Beauty from the QT into the DT on Saturday.
I have one other ? I have a cleaner shrimp and a cbs. I know I will have to get rid of the cleaner but my CBS is pretty big. What are the chances that my lionfish will eat the CBS?
Thanks
Well, shrimp are part of his diet, but CBS's have claws. He may leave him alone if the shrimp has a hiding spot in the rocks.

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by sepulatian
Well, shrimp are part of his diet, but CBS's have claws. He may leave him alone if the shrimp has a hiding spot in the rocks.
Yep, I agree, the coral banded is the one shrimp, if any, that he might leave alone.