FW Dipping

fishhooked

It is time to get rid of those pesky flatworms that have been the bain of my existance for the past several months.
The plan is to FW dip the LR and let them re-cycle in a 10 gal off to the side. I still have a filter with bio media and dead rocks for the fish, so the main tank should be fine during this time. Then once the rocks are cured and ready to go back into the main tank, out comes the dead rock and substrate. After the LR goes back in I will run with a bare bottom for a while so that I can see and squish any flatworms that I missed with the dip.
My question is with the FW dipping, how long should the LR be in the FW? Should I scrub them? Are there any other major flaws in my plan?
Thanks

dreeves

Dont put your live rock in fresh water...it will kill all the bacteria harbored within it, and most other life forms.
To get rid of those kinds of critters, put it in a bucket of saltwater with a SG of 1.035 to 1.040 for a few minutes. have a pair of needle nose pliars handy as you may have to pull some of them out.