g dubya

tank a holic

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?
If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?
If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?
If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?
If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?
If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?
If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia , would you have approved?
If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?
If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes, would you have approved?
If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the e 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?
If George W. Bush had miss-spelled the word "advice" would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoe as proof of what a dunce he is?
If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?
If George W. Bush's administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11?
If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans , would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?
If George W. Bush had created the position of 32 Czars who report directly to him, bypassing the House and Senate on much of what is happening in America , would you have approved.
If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?
If George W Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?
If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?
So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry.. He's done all this in a few months, so you'll have three years plus to come up with an answer.

reefraff

The media has always painted conservatives as stupid or clumsy. Chevy Chase did a fantastic job of creating the perception that Gerald Ford was a clumsy ox when in truth Ford was probably the most athletically gifted presidents we ever had.

bionicarm

Obama was elected because he had a fresh outlook on all the problems we faced at the end of Bush's administration. The problem is, he jumped into it like a kid in a candy store, and didn't step back to see what the overall affects of some of his policies would do to the economy and the country. So of the little faux paus you listed are mundane pundits that just show Obama is human. He makes mistakes. Every political figure does at some point in his/her career. Also, some of your little 'gigs' against Obama are a little exaggerated, and didn't necessarily involve him. For instance, the Air Force One flyover. Obama had absolutely nothing to do with that. It was contrived by some overzealous lacky that worked for him.

reefraff

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/3224081
Obama was elected because he had a fresh outlook on all the problems we faced at the end of Bush's administration. The problem is, he jumped into it like a kid in a candy store, and didn't step back to see what the overall affects of some of his policies would do to the economy and the country. So of the little faux paus you listed are mundane pundits that just show Obama is human. He makes mistakes. Every political figure does at some point in his/her career. Also, some of your little 'gigs' against Obama are a little exaggerated, and didn't necessarily involve him. For instance, the Air Force One flyover. Obama had absolutely nothing to do with that. It was contrived by some overzealous lacky that worked for him.

Much like Bush was elected for being the anti-Clinton. Bush seemed to have a pretty good record of working with the Dems in Texas but he found out the hard way DC ain't Texas.

ironeagle2006

Uneverno Obama insulted EVERY Medic in the US Armed Forces Basically with that one. BTW Medics and Corpsman have won more Congressional Medal of Honor than any other rank or service type. If you have ever heard the song the 8th of Novemeber you hear the story of one of the soliders that Lawerance Jolb IIRC on the Name the First LIving Black man since the Spanish American War who won the Medal of Honor. His rating Medic or Corpsman. He was credited with saving over 22 men of Bravo Company of the 173rd Airbourne that was attacked by 1200 Veitcong some by using only a plastic bag to seal up a Chest wound.
The Medic/Corpsman goes into battle and carries only a 9mm for Personal defense and their medical bag. They can do surgery on the Battlefield to save your life if needed up to remove a limb if it is needed. How do I know this my brother was a Medic in the IL National Guard. I would also like to ask you this who cares so much for their fellow soldiers that they would go back for their wounded buddies THE CORPSMAN OR MEDIC. If they can they will save your life. I have a very close friend of mine from Oklahoma he lost a son in Iraq we drove for the same company years ago and have stayed in touch. Well when his son was hit by the IED that ended up killing him his units MEDIC wounded himself refused EVAC until he had done all he could to Stabilize his squad mate and Buddy. The medics injuries only a broken arm sevre shrapnel wounds to the legs that cost him one of them and a chest wound. Yet he was able to stabilize his buddy enough that he lived to the hospital and made it through the first surgey. I met the Medic last year and was honored to meet him. He goes to Afghanistan this year after being cleared to return to full combat duty. These are the men that OBAMA insulted by not getting how to say via a Teleprompter right.

darthtang aw

Here is where I draw the line...faux paus happen. Saying/reading the wrong word happens. What matters is content and intent. These types of things are just something to complain about...just like when the democrats complained about strategery....you knew what he meant...that is all that matters.
The only time I bring these up is if someone else comments on Bush's faux paus...
Conservatives have more than enough to fire at obama about...this type stuff is a waste in my opinion...concentrate on the major issues, not the trivial crap. would you complain if you found out he a black toilet installed in the white house instead of a white one?

oscardeuce

Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
http:///forum/post/3224174
Uneverno Obama insulted EVERY Medic in the US Armed Forces Basically with that one. BTW Medics and Corpsman have won more Congressional Medal of Honor than any other rank or service type. If you have ever heard the song the 8th of Novemeber you hear the story of one of the soliders that Lawerance Jolb IIRC on the Name the First LIving Black man since the Spanish American War who won the Medal of Honor. His rating Medic or Corpsman. He was credited with saving over 22 men of Bravo Company of the 173rd Airbourne that was attacked by 1200 Veitcong some by using only a plastic bag to seal up a Chest wound.
The Medic/Corpsman goes into battle and carries only a 9mm for Personal defense and their medical bag. They can do surgery on the Battlefield to save your life if needed up to remove a limb if it is needed. How do I know this my brother was a Medic in the IL National Guard. I would also like to ask you this who cares so much for their fellow soldiers that they would go back for their wounded buddies THE CORPSMAN OR MEDIC. If they can they will save your life. I have a very close friend of mine from Oklahoma he lost a son in Iraq we drove for the same company years ago and have stayed in touch. Well when his son was hit by the IED that ended up killing him his units MEDIC wounded himself refused EVAC until he had done all he could to Stabilize his squad mate and Buddy. The medics injuries only a broken arm sevre shrapnel wounds to the legs that cost him one of them and a chest wound. Yet he was able to stabilize his buddy enough that he lived to the hospital and made it through the first surgey. I met the Medic last year and was honored to meet him. He goes to Afghanistan this year after being cleared to return to full combat duty. These are the men that OBAMA insulted by not getting how to say via a Teleprompter right.
There is one Navy man on the Marine Memorial, a US Navy corpsman by the name of Bradley.

reefraff

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/3224176
Here is where I draw the line...faux paus happen. Saying/reading the wrong word happens. What matters is content and intent. These types of things are just something to complain about...just like when the democrats complained about strategery....you knew what he meant...that is all that matters.
The only time I bring these up is if someone else comments on Bush's faux paus...
Conservatives have more than enough to fire at obama about...this type stuff is a waste in my opinion...concentrate on the major issues, not the trivial crap. would you complain if you found out he a black toilet installed in the white house instead of a white one?
I have two very close friends, one right one left. It's pretty entertaining really. I have got to get them in the same room at some point. One is positive Obama is not a US citizen and the other thinks Bush dreamed up 9-11.

bionicarm

So what's the deal with this Tea Cup party (or whatever they call themseleves)? I was watching some of the reports on their little convention on CNN and FOX last night (me watch FOX
). They have some of the same radicals that wanted to wave their little anti-Obama posters, but they wouldn't let them from what I hear. But most of them are wanting to bring back the Conservative Party, not necessarily under the Republican umbrella. They interviewed this one woman, and the moderator asked her if the Tea Cup Party was considered part of the Independent Party. She stated that they were in no way shape or form affiliated with the Independent Party, and that group is one of the main causes of the destruction and separation of the political party system in today's politics. I didn't hear Palin, but I understand she didn't do much Obama bashing, just stuck to the issues.
So how will this group affect mid-term elections this year? Will they back only Republican candidates that support their Conservative views, or will they try and run with their own candidate? If the did run their own, wouldn't that take votes away from the Republicans, giving the Democrats an edge?

reefraff

http:///forum/post/3224447
So what's the deal with this Tea Cup party (or whatever they call themseleves)? I was watching some of the reports on their little convention on CNN and FOX last night (me watch FOX
). They have some of the same radicals that wanted to wave their little anti-Obama posters, but they wouldn't let them from what I hear. But most of them are wanting to bring back the Conservative Party, not necessarily under the Republican umbrella. They interviewed this one woman, and the moderator asked her if the Tea Cup Party was considered part of the Independent Party. She stated that they were in no way shape or form affiliated with the Independent Party, and that group is one of the main causes of the destruction and separation of the political party system in today's politics. I didn't hear Palin, but I understand she didn't do much Obama bashing, just stuck to the issues.
So how will this group affect mid-term elections this year? Will they back only Republican candidates that support their Conservative views, or will they try and run with their own candidate? If the did run their own, wouldn't that take votes away from the Republicans, giving the Democrats an edge?
They will help the Republicans this year. If the republicans should gain control of Congress and don't take a conservative approach they will move independent and kill the Republicans in 12.

srfisher17

Republicans win when they stick to their conservative roots and almost everyone in the tea party movement (including Palin in last night's speech) are being very careful to avoid any 3rd party disaster. Another Perot- type movement is the last thing we need; and the fact that 3rd party talk isn't really gaining momentum means folks learned from the '92 fiasco. (Yeah, G.H.W. Bush's gaffs didn't help either.) Clinton was just positioning himself for 1996 and all of a sudden, he's in. (Monica?)

bionicarm

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3224456
They will help the Republicans this year. If the republicans should gain control of Congress and don't take a conservative approach they will move independent and kill the Republicans in 12.
I was watching Greta interview Beck about the Tea Party movement. He kept skirting the question as to whether this group would hurt the Republicans in the next election. He kept saying it wasn't about the Republicans or the Democrats. The movement wants to get rid of the 'typical politician'. The one's that are in it for themselves, and not the values of the Constitution this country was founded on. He even stated how the Tea Party was a catalyst in getting Brown elected, but admitted that the jury was still out on him. He said Brown talked a good talk about the same principles that the Tea Party were looking for, but he still doesn't know if the guy will follow through with those promises. He said if he does turn into the typical politician that just follows party lines and votes those ways, he could also easily be removed when his first term ends.
The Tea Party claims they have people from both major party's coming 'over to their side of the fence'. However, if they did bring their own candidates in on some sort of Independent ticket, I think they'd steal more Republican votes than they would Democrat. It'll be interesting to see what happens in November.

reefraff

http:///forum/post/3224638
I was watching Greta interview Beck about the Tea Party movement. He kept skirting the question as to whether this group would hurt the Republicans in the next election. He kept saying it wasn't about the Republicans or the Democrats. The movement wants to get rid of the 'typical politician'. The one's that are in it for themselves, and not the values of the Constitution this country was founded on. He even stated how the Tea Party was a catalyst in getting Brown elected, but admitted that the jury was still out on him. He said Brown talked a good talk about the same principles that the Tea Party were looking for, but he still doesn't know if the guy will follow through with those promises. He said if he does turn into the typical politician that just follows party lines and votes those ways, he could also easily be removed when his first term ends.
The Tea Party claims they have people from both major party's coming 'over to their side of the fence'. However, if they did bring their own candidates in on some sort of Independent ticket, I think they'd steal more Republican votes than they would Democrat. It'll be interesting to see what happens in November.
They would absolutely kill the R's if they did a 3rd party thing and I think they know it. So far the Republicans are handling it right, we'll see what happens closer to the elections. It is really too late for them to morph into a 3rd party for 2010 so that isn't going to be an issue.
The Tea Party crowd could maybe jump into the Libertarian party but I don't see that happening unless the Pubs really screw up. I would love to the the Libertarian party fold up and move into the Republican party. I think the two sides would balance things out into a pretty good platform.

bionicarm

OK. I know someone will say that they're making something out of nothing, but my nightly channel surfing stopped at MSNBC with Olbermeier, or whatever his name is, critiquing the Palin speech. I wasn't even going to stop, but they had this caption 'In The Palm Of Her Hand' under Palin's picture. I didn't know what it meant until they showed a picture of Palin during her speech, with her palms pointing outward towards the crowd. They zoomed in on her left palm, and you could see where she took an ink pen and wrote crib notes to keep track of her key talking points (energy, taxes, etc.).

I mean come on. People berate Obama about his constant need for a teleprompter, and this woman is giving one of her most important speeches since leaving her position as Governor, and she writes crib notes on her palm like a high schooler giving a speech running for Student Council. Sorry, that's just sad.

reefraff

http:///forum/post/3225468
OK. I know someone will say that they're making something out of nothing, but my nightly channel surfing stopped at MSNBC with Olbermeier, or whatever his name is, critiquing the Palin speech. I wasn't even going to stop, but they had this caption 'In The Palm Of Her Hand' under Palin's picture. I didn't know what it meant until they showed a picture of Palin during her speech, with her palms pointing outward towards the crowd. They zoomed in on her left palm, and you could see where she took an ink pen and wrote crib notes to keep track of her key talking points (energy, taxes, etc.).

I mean come on. People berate Obama about his constant need for a teleprompter, and this woman is giving one of her most important speeches since leaving her position as Governor, and she writes crib notes on her palm like a high schooler giving a speech running for Student Council. Sorry, that's just sad.

You tell me which is better, the one with a line for a speech written on the palm of her hand or the one that has to read verbatim from the teleprompter?