gah, found a frag

renogaw

one of the kenya frags that got away ended up firmly planted to my rock in the back of the tank, out of arm's length... looks like i'm going to have a nice tree growing eventually.

renogaw

yea, now come get it off the rock!
seriously.. i'm never going to be able to get it without taking down my aquascape. and i was semi right--it is right above the pistol shrimp's lair.

twogirls

I have a missing ricordia. It needed to be placed onto a larger piece of rock and before I got a chance to do it, my diamond goby took it to who knows where. I can't find it for the life of me.

townsdp

I had that happen a lot when I first tried to super glue corals to rocks. I would dry them and glue them but they would blow off after a day or so. Now I wrap them in netting for a week. My wife loves mushrooms and bought a bunch at one time. I lost about 5 overnight. a few turned up later in random places after water changes but I had a watermelon show up growing on the BOTTOM of my HOB overflow. He was attached and everything. funny.

coraldude

Originally Posted by twogirls
I have a missing ricordia. It needed to be placed onto a larger piece of rock and before I got a chance to do it, my diamond goby took it to who knows where. I can't find it for the life of me.
I had a ricordea that got away. A month later I found it bleached and attached to a hermit crab shell.

renogaw

Originally Posted by townsdp
I had that happen a lot when I first tried to super glue corals to rocks. I would dry them and glue them but they would blow off after a day or so. Now I wrap them in netting for a week. My wife loves mushrooms and bought a bunch at one time. I lost about 5 overnight. a few turned up later in random places after water changes but I had a watermelon show up growing on the BOTTOM of my HOB overflow. He was attached and everything. funny.

where do you get netting?

worshrag

the netting that comes with the replacement filter media on the hagen filters. it has a nice stretch and is reusable.