Gahhh

ive got like 200$ to spend. What should I ask for from my parents for christmas? Im already getting 60$ lights and a koralia nano. Im thinking maybe like a trip to the LFS to buy some supplies? Maybe video games? Theres nothing i want haha
ideas welcome

mboswell1982

buy a 20g long from petsmart, or better yet, 2 of em, spend 50 bucks doin that, an then buy the stuff you need to set em up, one as a DT one as a sump

yeah i was thinking that but i think they are already not too happy with the 250+ ive spent on my tank so far plus the like 600$ they spent on my RSM that ive yet to set up. Mark my words i will set that tank up eventually! i just cant with the whole college thing...sigh. Im thinking of just getting some snowboard stuff or a little shopping spree after christmas sale deal at a lfs and do it with the family so they can help pick stuff out and i can grab stuff i see like test kits and stuff.
Im thinking sunpod for birthday in june when i plan to upgrade to a 20 long so ill be happy with the 60$ lights. I might ask for a viper 70 watt instead though. Ill slap that on the list if she hasent already got the 60$ lights. Meh im just stressed because i want cash after all the money i blew on my gf and my mom and dad. Im in the hole with no job heh

rotarymagic

I've spent $1300 so far on my Tunze 15gallon... I don't wanna hear it! don't set up a 10gallon or anything... set up the RSM..
seriously though.. find some guy that's gone broke and buy his rock and sand for next to nothing. Take all the stuff out of the 10gallon and stick it in the RSM...
...get a job!!!

i cant aha for one im not allowed a tank bigger than say 15 gallons? and also i need something move able which is why i like the 10 gallon because until like my junior year i plan to come home for breaks and i need it to be able to fit in my car easily. Hence why im jus gunna buy a used 10 and i think get the viper 70watt then eventually turn it into a frag tank that mystical day i set up the RSM.
Any good info on the 70 Watt viper?

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by Freeborder_01
http:///forum/post/2873154
i cant aha for one im not allowed a tank bigger than say 15 gallons? and also i need something move able which is why i like the 10 gallon because until like my junior year i plan to come home for breaks and i need it to be able to fit in my car easily. Hence why im jus gunna buy a used 10 and i think get the viper 70watt then eventually turn it into a frag tank that mystical day i set up the RSM.
Any good info on the 70 Watt viper?
if you take a tank home and set it up... then set it back up 3 weeks later at the dorm again.. it'll crash hard lol...
sell the RSM while it till has value then... it 2-3 years it may end up a clearance item and what will ya do then?

from what ive heard people have had success with it? I dunno i planned to keep all the LR kept covered in water. Patrick was gunna do the same. Its a 1 hour and 30 minute drive, and its abou a 6 week break so I thought it would be at least semi ok? I was worried a little about it but i dont think it will crash if i take the proper measures

Originally Posted by Rotarymagic
http:///forum/post/2873156
if you take a tank home and set it up... then set it back up 3 weeks later at the dorm again.. it'll crash hard lol...
sell the RSM while it till has value then... it 2-3 years it may end up a clearance item and what will ya do then?
i fully plan on using the RSM. If anything breaks it can easily be fixed with after market parts except the tank itself so I;m not worried about it. I know Ill want a tank fresh out of college and small is key when it comes to a tank. It will hold me over until i have a home of my own and can afford a larger system. So im not too worried plus i love the look of it.

rotarymagic

I dunno man... I get empty tank syndrome bad... if I had a tank sitting for more than a year empty, I'd probably have to be institutionalized.

mboswell1982

Originally Posted by Rotarymagic
http:///forum/post/2873171
I dunno man... I get empty tank syndrome bad... if I had a tank sitting for more than a year empty, I'd probably have to be institutionalized.
are you sure you shouldnt be institutionalized as it is?

i dunno man i got some early classes next semester and im thinking when its like 35degrees out in the fog im gunna have some warm ass feet. plus they look like moccasins

rotarymagic

they're still uggs... I mean if you like wearing girls clothes and shoes... I can understand that everyone is entitled to do what they want to a greater degree.