Gahhhhhhhhh

update:
no change to the brittle. i have been feeding him brine shrimp and pellets soaked in garlic. He is eating and moving his tiny feet but still upside down. We lost another snail today. I hope the carbon works and fast.

Update:
lost 1 more turbo snail................. brittle is now on a rock in a normal position but seems like he doesnt have much strenght. there is a piece of silverside nect to him that he latches on to but won;t drag to his mouth.

ophiura

How long have you had these animals, and if less than a month, how did you acclimate? You have a major water quality problem, IMO, that this star and the snails are having issues with. Quite possibly it is a specific gravity issue but you need to review, and have EVERYTHING, double checked. Do you add any additives? If so, stop immediately.

How long have you had these animals
Everything i have is over 6 months old.
You have a major water quality problem, IMO, that this star and the snails are having issues with. Quite possibly it is a specific gravity issue but you need to review, and have EVERYTHING, double checked
Not only did we double check everything we took a huge container of water to the lfs. All parameters are fine.
Do you add any additives?
The only things we add are a cap full of Kent's essentials for the coral every other week and a few drops a week of Phosphate control. The newest addition has been some garlic drops and the carbon filter.

Update:
I haven't lost any snails since my last post. The brittle is still the same, very lethargic with the same 2 white spots on his disk. Everything else is doing fine. I stopped adding all additives sinc e this happened besides garlic. I went to a different lfs and had my water tested. All parameters are fine.

Originally Posted by NigerBang
Just curious...what is it that you think the garlic is going to do?
it says it is good for infection, the brittle has 2 white spots on him that are new. they look like wounds. I have no way of knowing if he has an infection which the garlic is good for, it also says it helps boost the immune system of marine animals.

Update:
Yay!!! Brittle seems to have pulled through whatever was ailing him. Snails have not died since last post. Yay for miracles