Garlic for fish

thetrex

Good Morning
I was always wondering about this. What does the garlic do for the fish besides make them eat. I think there are a lot of people out there that miss this little trick when they either have a sick fish or get a new fish that just wont eat. And is there any thing wrong with adding a drop to the food every now and then. What is the best garlic drops to use I used Kent and seemed to work fine. Can some one give us the low down on this.:happyfish

T

thomas712

Roughly, garlic therapy can potentially
Fend off secondary infection.
Neutralize the chemicals used by the parasite to destroy host tissue.
Mask host tissue, making it difficult for the parasite to recognize it.
Deliver outright damage to the parasite.
Nothing wrong with adding a drop or two to your food, just allow it time to soak in throughly
Thomas

otfurball

I bought food with garlic in it. Smells a little wierd for fish food while it is defrosting but it seems to be a good thing. I like it already in the food, b/c then I can guarantee that they are getting the right amount.

T

thomas712

Garlic extreme is a good brand, can't say from any experience on other brands.

lillibirdy

Ooops I posted this on another thread before I saw this one would be more appropriate.
Re: Garlic soaking. I just went to health food store and bought some kyolic odorless aged garlic liquid extract, it says it is vegetarian grown and organic. Is this cool and how do I go about soaking spirolina flakes, nori ect...do you have to let them dry first? I am worried if it says odorless will it still tempt the fish?
Thx
KathyW